Chapter 1

Standing in front of the mirror, I can't help but frown at the uniform. The skirt falls four inches below my butt, the T-shirt too tight and showing almost my cleavage.

Not wanting to be late I rush out of my apartment. Even though it is tiny and not that safe, it is cozy enough. It has a small bedroom, kitchen and the living room is attached. In the living room, I have one sofa and a small television. I don't cook much so have utensils required to make ramen noodles or reheat a pizza.

It takes me 10 minutes to reach the hotel another reason I love my apartment.

I reach exactly at 5 and grab an apron, punch my keycard and go to my tables. Even though it is a posh hotel personally, I think it's a hookup place for all the married men. The place is filled with prostitutes and rich pervert men, but the pay and the tips are good, so I ignore them.
Since its a weekday the place isn't that crowded. I finish my shift at 10 and wait for my best friend Violet to come out.

Fortunately, she works in the same hotel as a pastry chef. She is a tad bit crazy, but I'm thankful that she is in my life.

"Hey, sexy! Did you miss me?"

"How many times should I say Vi I don't swing that way?"

"Keep saying that to yourself Thalia and maybe you will start believing that. But seriously how can you not love this. " She points to herself and smacks her own butt.

I can't help it. I started laughing.

"What would I do without you Vi?" I ask her seriously.

"You probably would have lost your mind."

I glare at her playfully.

Linking her hands with mine, we start walking.

"So did your bitch of a mother call you."

"Yea but I didn't pick up."

"You are a saint Thal if she was my mother I would have murdered her by now, but come on who steals from their daughter?"

"Two more years Vi, we can get out of here."

Violet's parents passed away when she was young. She was raised by her aunt. When Violet turned 18, her aunt gave some money and rushed out of her life. Still, a better mother than mine.

We had a dream of opening a bakery, where I would be the manager, and she would be the chef but unfortunately, my mom stole the money I had saved mine, and now I have to pay for my online class and work.

"Should I walk you home Vi?" Violet stays 15 minutes away, and I didn't like the idea of her walking alone.

"No, I can manage. I will text you when I reach home."

"All right good night!"

I got inside my apartment, locking the door I went to change into something that's more comfortable. Too tired to make dinner, I grabbed an apple and started reading.

After 15 minutes or so I get a text alert. After making sure that Violet is safe and alive, I closed my book and went to sleep. Surely tomorrow will be good right?

few miles away....

Marcus could feel the tension even before entering the room.
Zander was tensed about his pack members missing when they visited Howling Crest pack. Their alpha James was an asshole, but he wasn’t stupid. 
Observing the hole in the wall and Zander's hand bleeding, the scared faces of the people he concludes the phone call couldn't have gone well.

"Brother, how bad is it?"

Zander orders the people inside the room to get out.

"I want to rip his head off."

"You want to rip everyone's head off. Did he give any explanation?"

Zander growls in anger," He wants proof. He is making some fucking excuse saying my pack is big and I am making it up. I want to just finish him off but don’t want to get in trouble with elders."

Marcus starts to frown “I wanted to talk to you about that brother. My spies inform me that he is importing human weapons. He's planning something big and we need to be prepared. I already spoke to a few people, and we will get to know the supplier of the weapons within a week."

Marcus could see Zander's wolf taking over.

"Brother, why don't you go to Montana? Audrey can help."

Zander tries to calm himself down and nods.

"Will you be joining us?”

"Unfortunately, no brother. I'm afraid I have a few meetings that can’t be postponed. I will update you about the weapons."

Zander nods and gets up from his chair “Let's go meet ma, she will be happy to see you.”