Chapter Thirty-Six

"This is stupid." Mana muttered.

"I gotta agree with Mana-chan with this one, Kakashi-sensei." Naruto said.

"Gomen, but it's the rules." Kakashi said. "Even if you fought in the war..." he glanced at Mana, who glared at the Sixth Hokage. "And are the war here, you still have to follow the rules... and since the two of you weren't able to enter the latest Chuunin Exams, you both are still – technically – Genins. Well, Naruto is, but you, Mana – based on the records – haven't graduated the Academy."

After Sasuke left, Mana have been doing missions in the village, simple ones with helping out the villagers – community service as Kakashi put it – as a way to get the villagers' trust once again. After months of doing community service, she was getting annoyed with weed-picking, cat-sitting, and street-sweeping "missions" and was demanding for actual missions from the Hokage, the problem was, she still wasn't a ninja.

Naruto and Sakura – who accompanied the two to the Hokage's office – jaws dropped in such a ridiculous statement, whilst Mana's glare at the Hokage just intensified.

"That's just stupid!" Naruto said. "Come on, Kakashi-sensei, Mana-chan is already a ninja! You saw her fight! You know her abilities!"

"I know, but based on the records, she still hasn't passed the Academy. I believe she left the Academy at her second year, and didn't even finish it... right?" Kakashi turned to Mana.

Mana sighed.

"Hai..."

"Fine, so Mana-chan needs to graduate the Academy, that's not a problem!" Sakura said.

"It's not that easy." Kakashi said. "Usually, students who misses the Academy has to take it again."

"THAT'S INSANE!" Naruto said.

"I'm not going back to the Academy!" Mana said.

"There has to be something we could do so Mana-chan doesn't have to go to the Academy again." Sakura said.

Kakashi leaned back and sighed.

"Well, there is something." Kakashi said.

"Well, what is it?" Naruto asked.

A knock at the door caught the four's attention. Turning, they saw Shizune enter the room. The woman bowed slightly at Kakashi.

"Shizune?" Kakashi said.

"Hokage-sama –"

"How many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to call me that..." Kakashi said, smiling under his mask.

"Hai, hai..." Shizune chuckled. "He's here for you now."

"Ah! Right on time." Kakashi said. "Let him in."

Shizune bowed and left the room to call the person.

"Well, it looks like we could settle this problem as soon as possible after all." Kakashi said.

Mana, Naruto and Sakura had a questioning look. The door opened and entered a man who had the three slightly gasp.

"Hokage-sama, I hope I'm not intruding, but there's some matters I want to discuss."

"Iruka-sensei?"

"Naruto, Sakura, Mana, what are you three doing here?"

"You're actually just in time, Iruka." Kakashi said. "Naruto and Mana have some concerns."

"Well, what is it?" Iruka asked.

"Iruka-sensei, Mana-chan's still now an official ninja!" Naruto said.