Chapter Fourteen

"Where are we going, Shuuya?" Suzuka asked. "And do we really have to bring her?"

Weeks passed since Mana's knew about the Natsukasa clan's power was, since then she's been training with Shuuya to get her to use her power to the full extent of it, but the fruit of her training was just summoning her Dark Chakra and strengthen her body when in battle. She still has a long way to go.
That morning when Shuuya came to get Mana from her brother, he told her that they were going on a little "mission" to a small town not far from the hideout, and advised her to bring her ninjatō. Since the time they came to the Inn, and have gone for their mission, Suzuka has done nothing but whine about Mana, which Mana wasn't taking lightly, but decided to keep her mouth shut about it, besides, she didn't really want to find out what Suzuka meant by "eat annoying little girls" and be that little girl.

"Hai, Mana is my student, means she's a part of our group, means she's coming with us to this mission and future missions... besides, this is also training, and she might pick up a thing or two in this mission."

Shuuya glanced at Suzuka, who walked beside him, and saw her glaring at Mana's way, who was walking beside Itona. Shuuya noticed for the past few days how Mana interacted with Itona and Suzuka; it was obvious that Mana and Suzuka had a type of rivalry between each other – no, it was more than rivalry, it was clear as day that they hated each other. But Mana and Itona, they were in the borderline of friends and rivals, there were times when Shuuya would find Mana and Itona train together, sharing knowledge and techniques, and the two were the only ones whose ages were near to each other.
Shuuya watched as the two talked discretely about something, there was a moment when Itona said something and the two fell silent and just stared at each other, then broke snickering. He smiled at the sight of the two.

"Isn't your spear heavy?" Mana asked.

"It is, but you get used to it." Itona shrugged. "Besides, who's going to bring it if I don't? I don't think you'll do it, nor will Shuuya, and I'm a hundred-percent sure that Suzuka won't, and probably just throw it away or kill me with it."

Mana smirked amusingly at Itona's statement, but then her smirk fell when her eyes fell on Suzuka's back.

"What's with Suzuka anyway? Is she always like this?" Mana asked.

"Like what? Suzuka's many things, a girl, an idiot, a bitch..." Itona smirked at the last part, and glanced at Mana. They both shared a knowing look and snickered.

"Oi, what are you two snickering about?" Suzuka spoke.

Mana and Itona stopped immediately and turned to Suzuka, glaring at her mockingly.

"None of your business, Suzuka." Itona said. "And don't worry, it's not about you."

Itona and Mana scoffed after his statement and snickered.

Pissed with the two's secrecy, Suzuka stopped before them eyes glaring down at them.

"The hell are you talking about me?" Suzuka said. "You know nothing, Itona, especially you, little bastard!"

Mana fell silent, and she glared at Suzuka.

"You think you're so high and mighty because you're an Uchiha of Konoha that you can mock people without knowing who they are!" Suzuka continued.

"You're being delusional, Suzuka." Itona said, defending Mana. "Mana's not saying anything about you and your fantasies about Shuuya." He smirked at the last part.

Blushing, Suzuka got out her needles and was about to attack the two. The two immediately held on to their weapons, ready to defend themselves if Suzuka were to act.