Chapter One

Painful grunts and yells echoed in the calm night. People – women mostly – would walk out of the room where Uchiha Mikoto was having her third child, and her husband, Uchiha Fugaku, stood beside her, trying to calm his wife. It has been about three hours since Mikoto started to go into labor, she was in the middle of washing dishes when she felt the painful contraction and her water broke, her sudden cry of pain caught her youngest son's attention.

"Oka-san, what's wrong?" Sasuke asked.

Completely unaware of what was happening. He was glued to the floor as his mother tried to tell to to get his father and Ayumu-san, too scared to do a thing. Luckily though, Itachi came and saw his mother's state and immediately knew what was happening. He had Sasuke run to get their father while he helped their mother.

The two Uchiha brothers sat at the balcony, their feet dangling just above the garden's green grass, their eyes glued to the pond where the moon's light bounced off and lit the area, while their minds were far from calm, the sound of their mother's screams would make them flinch, and each passing hour was torture as they were anxious for this torture to end.

"Itachi-Niisan," Sasuke began. "Is Oka-san going to be okay?"

Itachi hummed as a response.

"But what about Otōto?" Sasuke asked.

Itachi turned to his younger brother, a smile on his face.

"You want a baby brother?" Itachi asked.

"Hai," Sasuke smiled. "I want to teach him everything there is to be a ninja!"

"Is that so..." Itachi mused. "But girl or boy, we must love our new sibling and protect them."

"Hai, Niisan!"

Mikoto's screams finally stopped, the two boys turned to the door of the room where their Mother was. And the sound of cries of the baby filled the air. Sasuke and Itachi got up from the floor and went to the door, they stopped before the closed door, waiting for them to be called to enter.

The door opened. A woman, Ayumu, and a young woman who looked a younger version of Ayumu, Hikaru, stepped out with smiles of their faces.

"Ayumu-san, Hikaru-san, is Oka-san all right?" Sasuke immediatley asked.

"Hai." Hikaru answered with a smile on her face. "She's currently sleeping with Mikoto-san."

"She?" Sasuke and Itachi asked.

"Hai." Ayumu said. "Why don't you get inside and meet your new baby sister." Ayumu moved aside and lets the two boys enter.

The first thing that Sasuke saw was his mother sitting on the bed, a white blanket over her, and in her arms held their new baby sister wrapped in a white blanket. The two boys were called by their father to come closer, the two complied and stood by the bed near their mother.

"Itachi, Sasuke. Meet your new baby sister." Mikoto said. She moved her arm and shifted her hold on the baby to let her sons see the new addition to the family.

A smile krept on Sasuke's face when he saw his sister. She was small with a head full of black hair, light and smooth skin, sligtly pink lips that were slightly ajar, and her closed eyes had long lashes.
And the only thing that Sasuke could describe his new sister was beautiful.

"Itachi, do you want to hold her?" Mikoto asked.

Itachi tensed at the thought, though he had held Sasuke before but he never held a new born baby, and the fear of possibly dropping his new sister frightened him.

"Don't worry, I'll help you." Mikoto chuckled.

Carefully handing the baby into Itachi's arms, Mikoto instructed her eldest son to relax as he made sure to hold the baby securely, and to support the head. After a while of getting used to it, Itachi finally found comfort with holding his baby sister.

"She's so small." Itachi smiled.

Sasuke leaned closer to his brother, his smile never faltering. He held out his finger, caressing the baby's small hand with his index finger, and moments later his finger was held by the small hand of the child. Full of joy, Sasuke turned to his mother and father with the question,

"What's her name?"

"Mana." Fugaku spoke, smiling.

Agreeing, Mikoto nodded.

"Uchiha Mana."

"Mana-chan," Sasuke began, "I promise that I'll protect you, and I'll always be by your side."

"So will I." Itachi added. "I promise, Mana-chan. Imouto."