Chapter Seventeen

He was the last person Orochimaru expected to see in his quarters in such a time at night. He smirked at the sight of the white-haired boy he has been wanting to take, but could not due to the boy's power. His curse marks could not attach to the boy even though he had bitten him numerous times at their first encounter.

"What an unexpected surprise, Natsukasa Shuuya." Orochimaru began.

"Don't worry, you're not the only one in shock with this visit." Shuuya said.

"For you to come to me – especially at this time of the night – must be something important."

"Orochimaru, there's something I want to ask you..."

~*~

It was in the middle of the night when Sasuke was called by Orochimaru. He had no idea what the man wanted, and he hated that he had to leave Mana in their room just for a mission that Orochimaru was to give him. He was about to enter the Sannin's quarters but stopped at the sound of Natsukasa Shuuya's voice inside, their voices were muffled, but Sasuke could hear a little of what they were talking about.

"— I was not expecting such a request." Orochimaru said.

"Neither was I." Shuuya replied. "So, we have a deal?"

"The seal for Immortality."

"It's not a curse that you can just put in a summoning seal, you know..."

"I'm sure you could find a way to make it happen, Shuuya."

"And when will I get it?"

What are you up to? Sasuke thought.

"Just as you found a way to seal your family curse for me to study it." Orochumaru said.

"Then that would be too long!"

Sasuke slightly jumped at Shuuya's sudden burst.

"Then I suggest you start searching for a way to seal your family curse for me to study, that is unless you could give me one of your students –"

"You're not going to lay a hand on them."

"It would have been fitting." Orochimaru sighed.

"I'll find a way." Shuuya said.

"It amazes me how a little girl such as Uchiha Mana had you begging me for my jutsus..." Orochumaru chuckled.

"No one must know."

"Do not worry, Shuuya. This stays between us... but I doubt Sasuke would not find out about this..."

"By that time, it would be too late."

When the room turned quiet, Sasuke guessed that Shuuya teleported away from the hideout and he took this time to finally knock on the door. As he entered the room, all Sasuke could think was what Shuuya's plan was, and why he needed Orochimaru's jutsus for immortality.

~*~

Mana woke at the sound of someone knocking at the door. Tossing her legs off the bed, she glanced at Sasuke, who slept on the space beside her, and then turned back to the door where the knocking continued and was getting louder every passing second. Muttering under her breath, Mana went to answer the door. She glared at person who stood before her with a cheeky grin.

"Ohayo, Mana."

"What are you doing here, Shuuya?" Mana asked.

"Did you forget?" Shuuya said. "It's been three days, time for training. Just because I let you stay with your Onii-san, doesn't mean your training stops."