Archive Log: 43

The new ship didn't differ too greatly from the other; same shape, same organic shapes on the walls, still dark and dank. It didn't have the slight stream of water from above in an opening in the ceiling, although it seemed to have a room which had some sort of organic matter growing within it, rather plant like in nature, this room had water stored within, an endless system of water which seemed to keep supplying the life within with constant hydration. Seeing the ship as it was meant to be, not like the one which was buried and battered, and now ruined, was something of a surprise. In all its glory, it was still a magnificent feat; just everything about it didn't stop it being hugely interesting.

It had the same navigational system, the same layout, nothing differed there; suits still lined some of the corridors, and the off-shooting rooms seemed more put together, and more furnished, liveable even. The cargo bay was avoided, but it didn't take much to figure out that like the other, this one would be lined and stocked to the ceiling with those black urns.

Elizabeth ditched her helmet once she placed the bag with David's head in it on the floor. She sat down in the large chair, looking around with wide dark eyes before flicking them to Minerva, who came in literally dragging David's body behind her. She didn't wish to admit it, but Elizabeth had very little trust in either right now, seems both in part had done things which sent bad vibes her way. Keeping them at a distance seemed like the ideal thing to do, yet keeping them together seemed like a recipe for disaster. David alone caused Elizabeth's suspicions to go through the roof, yet Minerva was now a whole new cause for concern. Did she feel like she had been lied to? Yes, of course she did. Elizabeth didn't exactly see why, or for what reason, that Minerva and her actual existence should've been a secret. Elizabeth guessed in case they got back home.

Gathering her breath, Elizabeth left her thoughts to trail off. There were few things she could do with the synthetics with her, and the main things which signalled home to her were that she'd have to shut them away. It was harsh, she knew that. But David had already proven himself not trustworthy and prone to sadistic, sarcastic and cynical moments. Minerva, Elizabeth could only presume considering they came from the same source, wasn't exactly going to be any better. No, she hadn't proven herself to be as undermining as David, but she had shown herself to be rather prone to moments of deep thinking, rational deep thinking at that, argumentative if riled up, and Elizabeth wasn't feeling too trusting right now. Yes, a small part of her was happy, if that was the word, that she wasn't alone. But no offence to either synthetic, they didn't fill her with content peace knowing she had company. They didn't bring peace, or comfort.

Reaching down, Elizabeth pulled the zipper down and looked downwards into the bag. She minutely listened to Minerva dump David's body to one side off the platform as Elizabeth reached down and picked his head up. He just smiled kindly up at her, he didn't seem wholly bothered about being kept in there longer than needed. They had been in the new ship for over ten minutes now, he'd been sitting on the floor for about half of that.

"Show me how to fly this thing, David." Elizabeth said while holding his head up to the right level that he'd see the controls and keyboard in front of them. It was hard to do, seeing as how he didn't have arms. But David managed to instruct her in which buttons to press and likewise what to do to bring up the star map. It was relatively easy to find a tracer beacon signalling back to wherever this ship first originated from. "Here," Elizabeth turned in the large chair and held David's head out to Minerva.

She held him under her arm and looked about for somewhere safe to sit while take off happened. It seemed these ships were designed to have one pilot, there was only one seat. With a sigh, Minerva hitched David's head under her arm more for safety and leaned back against the platform. If she could ground her weight, she shouldn't be shuttled around too much when take off happened. She could've rested David somewhere, but she didn't want to let him go.