25. To the love of my life

"Hey, Ace, how's the book tour going?"

"The hotels, the spas, the people coming to see me, asking for signatures and photo's, each different city, it's absolutely amazing, if a bit tiring. We just arrived in Washington DC this morning and I have meet&greet in half an hour," Rory said putting her phone on speaker. "and I've got a million things to do, I've got to get ready and put on something decent because I'm still wearing the clothes from the bus and they are all wrinkly..."

"Don't forget to take a breath once in a while," Logan chuckled. "Should I call dad? I don't want you to wear yourself out."

"I am taking good care of myself, Logan, but call Mitchum anyway and ask when he's letting you come out here," she said pulling the shirt she was wearing over her head. "I am having withdrawal symptoms and these raging hormones don't help the case."

"You mean to say you miss my dick?" he asked laughing.

"Don't make it gross, besides you got me in this predicament mister," Rory whined.

"Hey! It takes two to tango," Logan pointed out to her jokingly. "I like the thought of you being addicted to me."

"Oh, yes, you're my drug," she deadpanned.

"Well..." he thought for a moment. "What are you wearing?"

"Seriously?" she asked incredulously. "I have to be in the cafe across the street in 15 minutes."

"If it's across the street you'll be there in a heartbeat, or maybe a couple of beats after we're done," he said suggestively. Rory could just picture him, sitting at his desk smirking.

"Logan..." Rory said. He knew he was wearing her down. "I really don't have time..."

"Come on, Ace," he suggested.

"Pencil skirt," she said quietly.

"What was that?" he asked, although he heard very clearly.

"You heard me," she said.

"What else?"

"That sheer red teddy you got me for valentines day,"

She heard him groan, "What else?"

"Nothing," she smirked.

"You're making this very hard, Ace."

"I have no idea what you are talking about," she said innocently. "What about you, baby?"

Logan chuckled at the nickname, it was something she only did when she was in the mood, "Why don't you open the door and find out," he smirked.

"What?!" she ran to the door and swung it open, revealing her husband. He smirked and hung up the phone. "What are you doing here?" she asked pulling him inside. "Where are the kids?"

Logan laughed heartily and kissed his wife, "You know, you really shouldn't open the door dressed like that."

"Oh, hush," Rory smiled. She kissed him again, "I've missed you."

He groaned, caressing her cheek, "You are so beautiful."

"You don't think I'm getting fat?"

"What?" he asked surprised. "Ace, you're so beautiful, why would you think you're fat?"

"I'm fatter than the first time and that was when we were having triplets," Rory said, "and I'm only at four months, I'm going to be a beached whale by the time September comes around."

"You are not fat, Ace, you're pregnant, you're glowing," he told her. "You know sometimes I think you are even more beautiful when you're pregnant."