2. Unexpected

"What are you doing here?"

"Hey Ace."

"We said our final goodbyes back in New Hampshire, right?"

"We did."

"Then what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I read about your mom and Luke, I wanted to congratulate them."

"They are dancing right now so." I say.

"I know. I've been standing here for a while now. I saw you dancing with that guy, Jess."

"He's just a friend. He's family now." I say. I don't know why I'm defending myself. Logan is not my boyfriend anymore. "Mom and Luke are over there if you still want to congratulate them." I say, pointing to them.

"Sure." He walks away. I walk after him, a few minutes later. I need to tell my mom who the father is, ASAP.

"Mom, I need to talk to you, NOW." I say.

"Sure, hun." She says. We walk to a less crowded space. "Hey, did you see Logan?"

"Yes I did. About Logan... he's the father." I say slowly. 

"How? I thought you stopped seeing him after his fiancée moved in? Did you  tell him yet?" She asked.

"I did but about eight weeks ago he, Colin, Robert and Finn showed up, for one last hoopla. Life and death brigade style and we ended up in this Inn in New Hampshire. One thing led to another and here we are. New Hampshire was supposed to be one last proper goodbye. This wasn't supposed to happen." Tears start to well up in my eyes. "And no I didn't tell him yet. I only just told you and now he's here, why is he here?" I asked her.

"I don't know kid. But something tells me that he didn't only come to congratulate Luke and I." She says.

"At least now I  don't have to fly out to London to tell him." I say. We make our way back to the town square. And I see Logan.

"Good luck kid." Mom hugs me.

I make my way over to Logan. "Can we talk?" He nods and I turn around.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"My house. This isn't a conversation to have in public." I say nodding my head towards Miss Patty and Babette, who are watching us.

We walk inside the house and sit on the couch.

"I need to tell you something." We both say.

"You can go first." He smiles.

"Okay... but, you have to promise not to freak out on me." I say.

"I promise, Ace." He says.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a while. "Logan... I'm pregnant." I say.

His eyes pop open in shock. "And you're sure it's mine?" He asks.

"I don't know. It could be the wookie." I joke. "But if it was, why would I be telling you about it and not the wookie." I could swear i see his eyes light up.

"Oh Ace, that's amazing." He hugs me really tight. "We're having a baby together." He whispers. He looks into my eyes and kisses me. We break the kiss, he presses his forehead against mine and we smile.

Then I realise something. "What about Odette?" I ask.

"That is what I wanted to tell you about, actually." He smiles.  What is he smiling about.

"Okay..." I say with uncertainty.

"We'll after we said our last goodbyes in New Hampshire a few weeks back. Well let's just say that I got real down. I didn't get any work done, nothing could bring a smile to my face. The only thing I could think about was how we would never speak again or see each other again. Or as Honor said 'I lost the twinkle in my eyes.' Odette and Mitchum tried everything to cheer me up or at least to get me to function properly again. After one and a half weeks of trying Mitchum gave up on me. He knew that it had something to do with you because last time I was that down was right after you turned down my wedding proposal.  He called off the engagement, and he basically demanded me to fly out here and win you back. I still have to work for HPG but in the New York office . He knew I still had the house in Palo Alto , the one I rented for us, the one with the avocado tree in the backyard, so he bought it for us. We have to look for a house here too but he thought that we could use it for get aways and on the weekends." He smiles.

"Get to the point, Huntzberger." I laugh.

"Rory Gilmore, would you please be my Ace again?" He asks.

"I'd love too." I say and we kiss.

"And I was thinking that we could move to in together. The only thing we have to do is look for a house somewhere and since you love Stars Hollow and Stars Hollow loves you that we could start by looking here." He says.

"Yes." I say smiling.

"We can start tomorrow." He smiled

I look down to my lap. "I'm so sorry, Logan. This was never supposed to happen. You were supposed to get married to Odette and I.. I don't know what I was supposed to do, I don't have a job or a house." 

He lifts my head up with his finger. "Ace, you're rambling." He chuckles. "Hey, maybe it wasn't meant to happen like this. But I know that this, us, me and you and that little munchkin in there is what was bound to happen. One way or another, this is where we are supposed to end up. Together. Even if little munchkin wasn't in the picture right now I would've come here, back to you."

He wraps his arms around me and I lean onto him. No words were spoken. We just sat there on my mother's couch, wrapped in each others arms, letting the comfortable silence speak for the both of us.