18. Is there any news?

It had been almost a week since the plane crash they suspected Steph was on and they still had yet to hear anything from the Vanderbilts.

Logan and Rory were coping, Logan more than his wife but that was to be expected. Steph was her best friend, not knowing if she was dead or not was a lot, though Rory had to stay strong for the kids. Logan fell in love with his wife even more than he already was, she was so incredibly strong, he knew if something like this would ever happen to either Finn or Colin he would be an emotional mess.

What actually brings us to Colin, he barely ate, barely drank, and barely slept. You'd have one look at him and you'd see that he is suffering a great deal, but really what's to expect, he is in love with the girl for god's sake and she was carrying his unborn child. He refuses to go home, so he has been staying with Logan and Rory, who have been an incredible support system for their friend.

Finn has actually been a huge help, he'd help take care of Chris, Richie, and Tory. He would take them to the park together with Rosemary if Rory and Logan were busy.

Mitchum came by every day and brought lunch with him. Logan and Rory found great support in him being with them.

Lorelai, Luke, and Chris stayed with them for a couple of days, took the grandchildren out so Rory and her husband could focus on other things.

The silence they sat in was broken by the tv that turned on.

"This just in, the London Heathrow plane crash caused 753 deaths, 647 severly injured, and 500 with minor injuries."

"Oh god," Colin gasped.

"Colin, calm down, we still don't know anything. We need to keep believing that she is okay until proven otherwise," Robert said.

"I'm sure her parents will call with more info," Logan assured.

"She has to be okay, she is carrying our baby," Colin said. "She just has to be."

"And she will be, Colin," Rory reassured.

Hours passed, hours of anxiously waiting. They sat in the living room of the Huntzberger home in a complete silence, waiting for that darn phone to start ringing. The only sound that was heard was the news on the tv.

"Guys, look!" Juliet suddenly said pointing to the tv. "That gurney, Steph was on in!"

The phone started ringing flashing the name of the Vanderbilt's. Logan picked it up and pressed the green 'accept call' button eagerly.

"Is there any news?" Logan asked. "Yes everyone is here, I can put you on the speaker if you want?" After he got a response Logan put the phone on speaker and laid it on the table. "What is the news?

"Stephanie is alive, she is in critical condition and in London Bridge Hospital, doctors said she will have to stay there until she in a better condition to be airlifted to Saint Francis in Hartford."

Everyone let out a sigh of relief, Steph was alive!

"How long will it be before she's here?"

"That is entirely up to her, they put her in a medically induced coma for at least 72 hours so the swelling could go down, but she will have to decide when she wants to wake up." James told them.

"What injuries does she have?"

"She sustained cuts, a broken arm and leg, a concussion, burns, smoke inhalation and a swelling in her head. They hope that by the time she wakes up that most of the healing process has already started, after she wakes up they will run some more tests and scans to get an exact picture of how much head trauma she sustained," he explained.

"Did the doctors say anything about the baby, our baby?" Colin asked.

"I am so sorry, Colin, due to the impact of the crash and the severity of her injuries she has lost your unborn child," James said in sorrow. "We are flying out to London tomorrow, they said it would be easier to wake up for her if her family and friends are there for her, to talk while she is a sleep. Any chance anyone wants to come with us?"

"Yes!" they all said immediately.

"Great! It will be good for our Stephanie. See you tomorrow."

James hung up the phone and they all jumped into action.

Logan called his dad to ask if he could watch the kids, while Rory started packing their bags and calling her mom and Luke.

Colin already had his suitcase ready.

Finn and Rosemary, yes he finally got her to go home with him and are now an item, went home and packed their suitcases.

Robert and Juliet drank the last bit of liquid in their glasses and also left to each go to their own home and pack their bags.