17. This is the voicemail of Stephanie Vanderbilt leave a message if you must

Previously on What happens after Vegas:

"Steph was always going to keep the baby, she told me she would move away somewhere in Europe. Even if Colin didn't come around, there was never any question if she would keep the baby, she would just do it alone." Rory explained to her husband. 

"I really hope Colin gets to her before it's too late." Rory leaned into her husband as he wrapped his arm around her stoking the hairs on his son's little head. "I don't want my best friend to move across the world."

Logan kissed her temple, "It will be okay, Ace. They will work it out."

"Are you prepared to prove yourself?" Rory replied.

"I would do anything, please Rory, you are her best friend, will you please help me?" Colin never begged anyone for anything, for him to be begging for another chance, for another chance with Steph and his kid, showed how much he wanted it.

"Don't thank me yet. "

--

Rory dialed the familiar number of her best friend on her phone, "This is the voicemail of Stephanie Vanderbilt leave a message if you must."

"Hey, Steph, it's me. Call me as soon as you hear this please."

She put her phone down for the umpteenth time. It had been three days, why hadn't she called yet?

"Ugh! Why isn't she responding, it's been three days." Rory stressed.

"Calm down, Ace. She'll call." Logan said while walking to the front door where the doorbell rang moments before. "Colin? What are you-?" he got cut off by his friend.

"Turn on the tv. Channel 3." Colin was frantic.

A confused Rory picked up the remote and turned on the tv, "We are back with some breaking news, a plane has crashed while making it's descend down from the sky to get ready for landing at London Heathrow Airport. More updates will be said when we know more."

"Logan get the Vanderbilt's on the phone! Now!" Rory said to her husband.

"Already ahead of you. Yeah hello is this James Vanderbilt? This is Logan Huntzberger. We are doing well thank you for asking. I was wondering if you know your daughter's flight information? She was going to London? Yes, we are. Is there any news? Oh okay please let us know when you hear anything. Thank you so much. I'm sure she is okay, Mr. Vanderbilt. Okay, hang in there. Goodbye Mr. Vanderbilt." Logan hung up the phone. "According to James she was supposed to be on this flight, they don't have any more information on what happened than we do. They will call us when they do."

Colin was pacing around in the room, muttering incoherently, Rory walked toward her husband, who as soon as she reached him wrapped his arms around her, "she will be okay, Ace," he whispered in her ear.

"Yeah, I know," she sniffled, "I'm going to go upstairs to check on the kids. Will you make sure Colin's okay? He must be going out of his mind right now," she softly kissed his cheek and he kissed her forehead.

Just when Rory was upstairs Colin started hyperventilating, wrong word, he started to experience a fullblown panic attack, "No, she can't be. It's not true. Be real Colin, she is gone and it's all your fault. It's all my fault. It's all my fault. MY FAULT! She is dead because of me. I never get to see her again. Oh god, the baby. It's all my fault!" His breathing was rapid and he was soaked in sweat.

"Col, it's okay. It's not your fault. She will be okay. She doesn't blame you for anything," Logan spoke softly, trying to calm down his friend. He picked up his phone and shot of a quick text to Finn to come to his house ASAP and to use his own key.

Ten more minutes passed by, Colin his panic attack had gotten from bad to worse and he was now, after breathing in a paper bag, crying on his friend's shoulder.

Logan heard the sound of the lock being turned, "Hey Col? You want a glass of water?"

All he could do was nod. Logan stood up from his spot on the couch, passing the front door on his way to the kitchen, where Finn followed him.

"What was so urgent, mate? And what is going on with Col?" Finn asked.

"You saw the news?"

"About that plane on it's way to London." He answered.

"Steph was on that plane."

"Oh no."

"Colin is a mess, Rory is upstairs." Logan explained.

"Go check up on Love, I'll stay here with Colin," Finn said.

"Thanks man." Logan handed Finn the water filled glass.

He went up the stairs in search for his wife, who was of course in their bedroom with their three kids. You could see that she had been crying but being in the pressence of her kids graced a small smile on her face.

"Finn is downstairs with Colin, so I came to check on you. How are you holding up?"

"I'm holding, talking to my mom helped a lot. Even though Tori, Richie and Chris don't understand, being with them helped a lot. Oh, I almost forgot, your dad called, he's on his way here." She kissed her husband who just joined her on the bed. "How are you?" She asked him running a hand through his hair.

"I'm trying to stay positive, for all we know Steph could still be alive."

"You're right. Colin?"

"Had a major panic attack after you went upstairs, he's a mess."