12. Reception

Previously in What happens next:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my honor to be the first to introduce you to: Mr. and Mrs. Logan and Rory Huntzberger."

Everyone clapped and cheered at the newly-weds.

--

They got to the club where, outside in the garden, the photographer took a dozen pictures.

A few of the whole weddingparty, father and son, mother and daughter, father and daughter, only the newly- weds, bride and bridesmaids, groom and groomsmen and family pictures.

"Let's go. I am starving." Rory said. They walked further into the garden where tables had been set up, everything was covered in twinkle lights and big fire pits where the only light source in the early summer night.

Someone anounced the newlyweds for their first official dance as husband and wife. Logan led Rory onto the dancefloor, moonriver by Frank Sinatra started coming out of the speakers that were scattered throughout the garden, and they slowdanced, about halfway through the song other couples joined them. 

There was a different bars with multiple bartenders where you could get: coffee, champagne, bloody Mary's, beer flights, martinis, margaritas, lemonades, hot chocolate,  mimosa's and also non-alcoholic drinks.

The buffet consisted out of a taco buffet. A BBQ buffet with pulled pork, grilled chicken, coleslaw, garden salad and potatoes au gratin. Built your own burger. Chocolate dipped strawberries. Cookie bar. Waffle bar. S'mores bar. Salad bar, for our health-nuts. A burrito stand.

On each table stood a bowl filled with pretzels and a fondue set. There were servers circulating around with trays full of bagels, bruschetta, cheese and crackers and oysters. Little plates filled with chips and salsa and nachos.

A sushi stand, for the fish lovers. Italian, decorate your own pizza, choose your own pasta, Mac and cheese. Of course a simple sandwich stand.

Sookie went a little crazy with dessert, from caramel apples to glazed Mr. & Mrs. Donuts to three or more different cheesecakes, and cherry, blueberry, Apple, pecan and pumpkin pie and a giant bowl of whipped cream to churros with cinnamon sugar, melted chocolate, hot caramel and fruit sauces to different kinds of milkshakes to root beer floats to large ice cream sundae's to simple things like milk and cookies, candy and cupcakes for the children. She brought a chocolate fountain, built an Oreo tower. To top it of she also made the largest wedding cake known to humankind. 

Before they knew it Finn walked up the stage, clinging his scotch glass to get everyone's attention to start his best man speech.
"For those who don't know me let me introduce myself, I'm Finn. For those of you who do know me I apologize." Some snickering was heard. "Thank you all for coming out tonight and congratulations to the happy couple. I must say love you look stunning, if you decide our mate isn't good enough after all come find me after I'm done." Everyone chuckled. "Logan and I met at a boarding school in Switzerland. We pulled some of the best pranks. We took a tear off from Yale together with Colin and took a round the world yacht trip and Rory, love do me a favour and never get on a boat with that man, he doesn't have the best boat steering skills, we have proof, sorry if at least if you dive to the bottom of the sea somewhere around Fiji." Laughs were heard. "We bumped into the lovely Rory here at the one place anyone could always find her in college, the coffee cart. She was with a friend of hers at that time, we treated him like dirt and she told us off. One time we thought it would be fun to pull a prank. First Colin burst into her classroom professing his love for her, few seconds later Logan does too. He and Colin get into this big fake fight, that's where I come in dressed as a British police officer telling her to give them back their balls. Little did we know she would get her payback. Her grandfather comes up to us telling Logan that he talked to Mitchum and that the engagement was finalized. I swear for the rest of that day he was so confused and he kept pacing around in the bar mumbling to himself. 'Engaged? What? What the hell?' Quite a funny sight if I do say so myself." He had to chuckle. "Now onto the more serious stuff. From the moment when I first met Rory, I knew that she was the woman Logan would end up marrying. Even if it hadn't dawned on him quite yet, it was obvious to everyone around just how smitten he was with her. They talk about a bride's glow, but this man was shining since the moment he met her. He changed for the better without realizing it. And we all could see it. He couldn't stop talking about her. We'd go out with the boys and loves name would be brought up every two minutes. So when he came to me to tell me that he would be proposing my only response was, 'Well, it's about bloody time!' There's something special about these two. They go together without forcing it. They love each other without fighting it. And they care about each other without thinking about it. She was the one from the very beginning mate, and we're all so happy to be able to take part in your big day. Cheers!" Everyone clapped and Finn being Finn took a bow and left the stage.

After Finn's speech it was time for the father/daughter dance. Or dances in Rory's case. After that a drunk Lorelai got up on stage.

"For the ones who don't know me, I'm Lorelai Gilmore, Rory's mom. And honestly I thought this day would never come, it only took them over ten years. You all know my daughter, she used to be this shy, self-preserved girl with her nose up in the books, she loved school. The son-in-law I just gained however, he was the typical rich frat boy, partying all day long, dating bimbo's, only using his brain for pranks. When Rory began dating Lagan, I could tell their relationship would be more than just a casual thing. I could tell right away that there was something special there, something that we all want to find for ourselves — true love, they complement each other. Both of them changed, while still staying true to themselves, Rory still loves reading but also became more outgoing and actually did something other than just school, Logan still loves pranks and parties, but he also started taking things more serious and started to use his brain. I couldn't have chosen a better husband for my daughter if I tried. Just remember Logan if you hurt her I will hunt you down. Now why please join me in raising a glass to the new married couple."

The night went on and around 11.30 Logan kissed Rory after a dance and whispered in her ear. "This is for you Ace, I love you."  Firework lighted up the night sky.

The fireworks went on for about 20 minutes, all guests watched in awe of what the groom organized for his bride and the exchange between them during and after it.

After that was over all guests waved of the couple and their three children to their two month long honeymoon in Australia, liberty of Finn.