5. We need to talk

"It's like I just popped overnight."

"You look beautiful, Ace." Logan said.

"No I do not. And what is that anyway, I just only hit the third month I'm not supposed be be showing yet." Rory rants.

"It's just a beautiful small bump, Ace. The doctor said that since you're carrying twins you might show a little early."

"I know. I just don't like it. You don't either do you? Worst of all i'm only going to get bigger. By the end of the pregnancy I will look like a whale and you will leave me." Rory cried. "Damn pregnancy hormones." She cursed.

Logan stared at her in disbelief and took her hands in his. "Rory." He said. "Rory look at me." He tilted her head up and looked in her eyes. "I will never leave you. Even if you look  like a whale at the end of the pregnancy, which I doubt by the way. You look absolutely beautiful and you ared right I don't 'like' the way you look. I love it and most of all I love you." He bent down to her stomach. "Hey little munchkins, I'm your daddy. I just wanted to tell you that we love you two, even if we have to wait another six months for you two to make your entrance in this world." He said to her stomach and kissed it. He looked back up and saw some tears in her eyes.

"Logan I love you too."

"Come on. Lets get ready, we have guests waiting downstairs." 

They got ready quickly and headed down the stairs. Everyone but Finn was already there. Luke was in the kitchen making breakfast. They all greeted each other. Lorelai shot up out of her seat when she saw Rory had been crying and Rory explained what happened. Lorelai asked Logan if they could talk in the kitchen together with Luke.

"so.." Lorelai started when she and Logan were in the kitchen. Luke left the stove and joined them at the counter. "When are you going to ask my daughter to marry you?" She asked.

Logan was surprised by her question. He didn't know what to say. Of course, he had thought about it a lot these last four weeks that he's been here with her, but hearing her mother ask about it was a whole new territory.

When Luke noticed the surprised look on Logans face he decided to speak up. "We see the way you look at her and the way she looks at you. It's time. When she came home after your goodbye she was devastated. Plus it has been in the making since you two met her sophomore year."

"Twelve freaking years ago. Sure maybe eight of them you didn't see each other or talk, but now your love is stronger than ever. I may not have liked you very much back then and when my daughter told me she was pregnant with your kid I didn't either. But even I have to admit that my kid has never been happier than when she is with you." Lorelai ranted.

"What if she says no again?" Logan asked. Revealing to Lorelai and Luke why he hadn't asked her yet. His biggest fear.

"I promise you, she won't say no this time. Have you  seen the way she looks at you, she won't just walk away this time." Luke reassured him.

"Plus when you asked ten years ago she had just graduated. She needed some time out in the real world. Get a job at her own merit. She loved you with her whole  heart, you two are  like Jack and Rose or Noah and Allie or John and savannah or..." Lorelai ranted before Luke interrupted.

"Lorelai get to the point. They are probably wondering what's taking so long." Luke grumbled, going back to his food.

"Right. My point. Uhm. My point is that she was just fresh out of college and even though she loved you with every inch of her, like Luke and me, back then she wasn't ready to get married yet and to be honest I don't think you were either, I think you were scared that you'd lose her and I praise you for that. But now you are both older and wiser and have overcome many curveballs that life has thrown at you, experienced what life in the real world is like and that it isn't all what it's cracked up to be, Now, you are both ready." Lorelai states proud of herself for saying it all in on breath.

"Funny that all those years ago what I did not to lose her is what made me lose her." Logan chuckled. "But I need a plan." He smiled.

"What we need to do right now is get back out there or, knowing that my daughter is as nosy as me and as curious as ms. Patty and Babette, she will burst through that door at any second. If we can do anything to help you with your plan, which I doubt, but just ask. Now lets go." Lorelai flew out the door calling for 'her loinfruit'.

Luke finished getting breakfast ready and him and Logan brought it out together.

"Blueberry or chocolate chip?" Logan asked Rory kissing the top of head.

"Oohhhh, both. With whipped cream, or extra chocolate sauce, or, or." Rory squealed, undecisively.

"I'll surprise you, Ace." Logan laughed.

He got both pancakes and decorated them with whipped cream and chocolate sauce in a cute smiley face and gave them to Rory. She smiled at his creation. The rest had already got themselves a plate too. He went to get himself some pancakes when Finn came down the stairs.

"Morning Finny."

"Love." He whined. "Don't call me that."

"But I like it." She pouted.

"Come on man. No use in denying a pregnant woman." Logan laughed.

Logan and Finn both sat down on the couch on each side of Rory and she started picking food of both their plates. They both whined every time she did and everyone else in the room laughed at the three of them.

Lorelai and Luke had to head back to Stars Hollow. Lorelai needed to head back to the inn, because of some crisis. Luke had an early delivering and thought that if he let Ceaser alone for too long, he would put up crazy signs again or create new things that were never going to be on the menu. The boys stayed over another night when it got late because of a movie marathon with all Gilmore-approved snacks, pizza to feed like 50 people and scotch. They had to leave in the morning, too, to get back to work and their responsibilities, after a weekend of doing absolutely nothing with their best friends.

___

Merry christmas everyone. I hope you all have/had a nice day full of love and family.😘💕🎄🎄🎁🎁