15. He did what?!

Previously in What happens after Vegas:

Rory shrieked in surprise and quickly tried to cover herself up by jumping on the bed and under the covers.

"What are you doing here?" Logan groaned as he grabbed a pillow to cover up his excitement.

"I need your help." The person stated frantically.

"As you could see we were a bit busy." Logan deadpanned. "And what have we told you about using the emergency key?"

"But... This is an emergency."

--

"Can't you go to someone else for help?"

"No." The person replied.

Logan sighed, stood up from the bed and pulled on his shirt. He motioned for the person to move out of the room, "Let's give Rory some privacy and go to the living room to talk." He said directed at the man standing before him. The man moved out the door and down the flight of stairs. "We'll meet you downstairs, Ace." Logan flashed his wife a sympathetic smile.

"Oh god, I don't think I can ever face him, like ever again." She said embarrassed.

"Don't worry Ace. He has seen you naked plenty of times."

"Thanks." She deadpanned shooting her husband a glare.

Logan chuckled as he closed the door of the bedroom behind his back. He walked down the stairs and when he got to the living room he noticed that their guest had already helped himself to a glass of scotch.

"What's so urgent, man?" Logan asked him.

"Can we wait until Rory joins us? I want to apologize for walking in on your rendezvous in the bedroom."

Logan nodded at his friend but stayed silent, until it got awkward of course, "I'm gonna go to the kitchen, Ace will want some coffee when she comes down."

When Logan came back with two cups of coffee, one for him and one for his wife, Rory was already in the living room and they were waiting for him.

Once he sat down and handed Rory her lives brew their guest spoke, "Logan, Rory I want to profusely apologize for coming to your house unannounced and for walking into your bedroom like that when you were clearly occupied."

At that, Rory cleared her throat awkwardly, "There's no need to apologize, Colin. Now, what's so important?"

"I did something." He said.

"You always do, man, get to the point." Logan didn't mean to be rude, he was just a tini tiny bit agitated that he interrupted a passionate endeavor with his wife saying its an emergency and then beats around the bush about it.

"Well, some time ago, Steph and I got drunk one night," Colin started to explain, "and in the heat of the moment, we apparently forgot to use protection."

"And?" Rory already had a feeling which words would come out of his mouth next.

"And, she called me today," he stopped to take a deep breath before continuing, "she told me she went to the doctor this morning who confirmed that she was pregnant."

"You and Steph are dating so I honestly don't see the problem man."

"Well here's the thing," Colin chuckled awkwardly, "I broke things off with her, decided I wanted to do the same thing as Finn and Robert."

"What may that be?" Rory asked him.

"Live life as an eternal bachelor," Colin stated.

"Oh god."

"I don't want to sound rude, man, but why did you come to us?" Logan asked. 

"If I am about to become a dad then how am I going to be an eternal bachelor?" He replied as if it was obvious.

"Simple, Colin. You don't." Rory spoke up. "If you will excuse me, I'm going to make a call. I will be right back."

Rory walked up the stairs and opened the door to the bedroom. She took her phone and dialed the number of her friend.

"Hey Steph, how are you?..... I know Colin is down here right now talking to Logan...... He did what?!.... Okay....... So what are you planning to do?.... You are serious?.... I can help you... If that's what you want then who am I to stop you..... Anything..... I won't I promise.....can I tell Logan after he is gone I hate keeping something from him?.... Okay, I will... call me if you need anything okay..... That is what friends are for..... We'll talk later?..... Bye....." Rory was furious when her call with Steph ended. She couldn't believe he actually said that.

Rory stormed down the stairs again, "I can't believe you told her to get rid of the baby just so you could live your life as a bachelor without having a responsibility!" Rory yelled.

"Colin?" Logan asked shocked that his most reasonable friend would actually say something like that. His friend was always rational, until now apparently.

His friend opposite of him hung his head in embarrassment. Logan knew enough.

As Logan was about to respond his wife beat him to the punch, "well congratulations. She has decided on getting an abortion, you got your wish. Oh and she's moving away too, told me she couldn't be around us in fear of you coming around and she refused to let us choose between you and her."

"Sounds like you already have," Colin replied.

"She is one of my best friends Colin and you chased her away." Rory was now on the verge of tears. You could hear the emotion in her voice as she swallowed away the beginning lump in her throat.

"I didn't mean to, okay?! Why the hell would I chase away the girl I love! Huh? I fucking love her!" He screamed, seemingly surprised by what he just said.

"Then go to her and stop her before it's too late," Logan stated.

His friend shot up from his seat on the couch, downed the last bit of scotch that was left in his glass and ran out the front door.

Logan reached for his wife, who had glossy eyes and pulled her on his lap, cradling het in his strong arms.

"Thank you for never doing that to me."

"I love you."

They sealed their love with a kiss.

--
Were you surprised?😁