1. Mom?

Rory POV

Mom and I are on the steps of the gazebo talking.

"Steely dan?" I ask chuckling.

"I know." She laughs.

"Who flash mobs to Steely dan?" I chuckle.

"Luke." She says.

"Luke." I say and we both chuckle.

"It's fine. I texted patty. She'll switch it to 'karma chameleon'" She says.

"Without telling him?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says.

"Oh, man. That's going to be good." I chuckle.

"Yep." She says.

"Aren't you kind of curious what a Steely dan flash mob would look like?" I ask.

"No." She says.

"Me either." I say. " So, how does it feel?" I ask.

"It feels... right." She chuckles.

"Yeah." I say.

"Such a long time getting here. Sometimes it's just a journey, you know?" She says.

"Yeah. I guess so." I say.

She sighs. "I think I'm gonna be very good at this." She says.

"At being married?" I ask chuckling.

"No, at finishing off this bottle." She chuckles.

"Oh, no doubt in my mind." I say.

"Hey so now that I'm a married lady, you should be one, too. You are of age. And then we could do married-lady things together." She smiles.

"What are married-lady things?" I chuckle.

"I don't know, like, uh... dyeing our hair blue or... buying pork chops. Bowling? I'm out." She says.

"I don't know. I just, I thought I'd be the spinster daughter who stays home forever and looks after mama." I say.

"No, I've got Kirk for that. Let me see. Who can we marry you off to?" She says. I chuckle. "Ooh, I know! Did that nice pee-wee Herman find a lady?" She asks.

"I'm thinking no's a pretty safe bet." I smile.

"You always wanted to marry him when you were little, remember." She says.

"I also wanted to marry Edward Scissorhands and Jerry Orbach from Law & Order." I say.

"Your taste ran the gamut." She says.

I chuckle when  I get a text. From Paul.

"Rory, due to our ever-conflicting schedules, I think we should break up. Take care, Paul." I read out loud.

"Who?" She asks.

"I can't believe how I treated him. I suck." I say.

"No, you don't. It didn't fit. It needs to fit. Believe me. He'll find someone amazing one day." She says.

"Yeah." I say.

"And so will you." She says putting a hand on my knee.

I look out into the town, thinking. "Hey. What's going on in there?" She asks.

I smile a little. "I wanna remember it all. Every detail." I say. She smiles and looks into town with me.

I sigh. "Mom." I say.

"Yeah?"

"I'm pregnant."

She turns her head to me and I look up from my lap to to see her face. Astonishment, shock and disappointment. I can just see the the wheels in her head turning. I can just guess what she's thinking. How did my beautiful, college- educated daughter get herself pregnant? Who's the father?

God. I have no job, no place to live, how am I going to provide for this kid?

"What. How. Who." She says, still shocked, at a loss of words.

"The how seems to speak for itself, don't you think." I joke.

"I'm serious kid." She says.

"Listen. Can't we talk about something else? You're getting married today, I don't want to ruin your big day. Come on, let's get you ready." I say changing the subject. I stand up and hold out my hands. She takes my hands and stands up. We walk to Luke's for breakfast.

"Ah. Old news. I already got married late last night." She jokes. "We talk tonight?"

We reach Luke's and go inside. The place is completely swamped. Luke comes running up to us. "What are you doing here? Get out! It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding!" He freaks.

"We're hungry, plus, you have the best coffee. You want a wedding with an uncaffeinated Lorelai Gilmore?" She asked him.

He ushered her outside. "I'll give it to Rory. You go home." He told her. I laugh. "The food is coming right up." He says turning to me.

I sit at the counter and after a while Luke hands me the food and coffee. I give him a smile. "See you in a few hours." I walk out and go home.

I walk through the front door and almost get hit by a book. "Where is it?" I hear my mom sigh in frustration.

"What are you looking for?" I ask.

"The necklace Luke gave me on valentines day, while we were on Martha's Vineyard." She says.

"I'll help you look. But first, can we please eat. I'm starving." I say. We go into the kitchen and eat our food and drink our coffee.

"Lorelai! Where are you!"

"In here grandma!"

Grandma comes into the kitchen. "Lorelai, you should really clean up once in a while. This place in a mess."

"Yes mom." Mom rolls her eyes and sighs.

I stand up and hug grandma. "Hi grandma."

"Hi Rory." She says.

*time skip to the official wedding.

Music starts playing and mom comes walking down the Isle. She looks beautiful. When she reaches the gazebo she walks up the stairs, she takes Luke's hands and the music stops.

The wedding officiant starts speaking. "We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate  the union of Lucas Danes and Lorelai Victoria Gilmore in marriage. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife.

We all had front row tickets to see their love story develop, through many bumps in the road. May you always need one another, not to fill an emptiness, but to help each other know your fullness. May you want one another, not out of lack, but to feel the warmth of their touch. May you embrace one another, not to encircle one another, but to give comfort. May you succeed in all important ways with each other, and not fail in the little graces. May you have happiness, and may you find it in making one another happy, and may you have love, and always find love, in the pursuit of loving one another.

Do you Lucas Danes, take Lorelai Victoria Gilmore to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do you apart?"

"I do."

"And do you Lorelai Victoria Gilmore, take Lucas Danes to be your husband husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do you apart?"

"I do."

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Mom and Luke kiss and everyone starts clapping.  

"It's time for their first official dance as a married couple."

The song 'reflecting light' starts to play and Luke and mom make their way to the dance floor. I can't help but smile at the scene happening before my eyes. I make my way to the table when Jess asks me to dance. After one dance I make my way back to the table. "What are you doing here?"