Epilogue

Jennie's POV

I walked outside and I could see my wife riding towards the house. She looked exactly the same as when I first saw her. Her brown hair blowed behind her, unruly and wild. She still managed to take my breath away every time I saw her. She didn't follow any of the rules and I loved her for it.

It took a while after Jin's death for everyone to settle in together. Lisa and Taehyung struggled for a while to rebuild their relationship. They eventually forgave each other and now, they were closer than they had ever been. With time, the wounds from the day scabbed over and became nothing more than scars.

I watched her as she got off of her bike and took off her helmet. Her fearless love was what had gotten me through everything. She gave me everything even when it hurt her. She was the part of me that I would always need. Without her, I would fall apart .

Just like me, Grace needed her too. Grace was five now. She was such a beautiful little girl. She had Lisa wrapped around her little finger. There wasn't a thing that Lisa wouldn't do for her. Her patience and devotion were so admirable. She was raising our daughter to be an amazing young lady. The way Grace looked at her completely blew me away. She adored her and Lisa made sure that she met her expectations.

I smiled when I saw Grace run out of the front door to meet her.

"Mommy! I missed you!" She squealed. Lisa grinned and scooped her up into her arms. Grace gave her a big sloppy kiss on the cheek and wrapped her arms around her neck and held onto her tightly. I watched as Lisa's eyes closed as she savoured the hug. That right there was why I loved her so much.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, she can get it. That woman is perfect with children" Rosé said as she slung her arm over my shoulder.

"I'm so in love with her Chaeng."

"I know" She laughed. "Can I tell you a secret?" She asked excitedly.

"Of course" I smiled.

"I'm expecting a baby!"

"Oh my god!" I said as I hugged her tightly. "I'm so happy Chaeng!"

"Taehyung and I decided that we wanted what you and Lisa have with Grace. You know how much he loves kids"

"I know!" I exclaimed. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Me too" She smiled.

I went back inside and helped Rosé set the table for dinner. Lisa stayed with Grace in the lawn for a while and played with her. So, it would be a while before she would be in the house.

"Tae will be an amazing father. He's so good with Grace" I said as I placed the plates down on the table.

"I think good parenting comes naturally for the Manoban family" She replied.

"Well except for-"

"Yeah, let's just leave that one alone." Rosé interrupted me. "No need to open old wounds"

"Yeah you're right"

"Let's just leave it to where it belongs. Six feet underground"

"Agreed"

I smiled when I heard their boots as they walked across the deck. Lisa walked inside first and Taehyung followed. He had Grace up on his shoulders and they were singing some One Direction song. Lisa hung her coat on the coat rack and walked over to me. She put her arms around me and lifted me up off the ground.

"Hey gorgeous" She said against my lips before kissing me softly.

"Hey baby" I whispered back. "I missed you"

She responded by nuzzling into my neck. "I missed you more. You've been on my mind all day. As usual"

I bit my lip as I felt her lips on my jawline. "Mmm hmm" I mumbled.

"Get a room!" I heard Taehyung tease.

Lisa put me down and I went on to ruffle Taehyung's hair as I passed by. "Don't be jealous" I said.

"Ha! You wish" He shot back with a goofy grin.

"Rosé told me the good news"

"What news?" Lisa asked as she sat down next to Grace.

"I'm pregnant!" Rosé answered.

"Oh man" Lisa said, rolling her eyes. "There goes the neighborhood" She teased.

"You better watch it" Taehyung warned.

"I'm happy for you guys. Hopefully he or she looks like you Chaeng, because this guy" She said, pointing at Taehyung. "Is lacking in the good looks department"

Taehyung just rolled his eyes and took a drink from his tea. We spent the rest of the dinner talking about the day and teasing each other. Once we were finished, Lisa went upstairs with Grace to get her ready for bed. I stayed downstairs to help clean up and once I finished, I went up to join them.

I smiled when I heard Lisa singing to Grace.

And all along I believed, I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me,

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

When she finished singing, she pulled the blankets up to Grace's chin and kisses her forehead.

"Good night princess" She said softly. "Sweet dreams"

She got up and came towards me. "She's already asleep" She said quietly.

I nodded and gave Grace a kiss before turning out the lights and leaving the room.

I could hear soft strumming of the guitar as I headed towards our bedroom. The room was dark except for the moonlight that illuminated half of the room. She was sitting there by the large window and humming softly as she strummed. She noticed my presence and slowly put the guitar away and gestured me to come closer.

I smiled and walked over to her. I sat in between her legs and rested my back against her chest. She wrapped her arms around me and laced our fingers together. I rested the back of my head against her shoulder.

"You're perfect" I said with a smile and brought her knuckles to my lips, kissing them gently.

"Not really. I just learn from my mistakes."

"I love you Lisa"

"And I love you Jennie"

"We've come a long way, haven't we?" I asked her.

"We sure have. I used to think that I would always be miserable and wanting you" She confessed.

"Me too" I said softly.

"I would've waited forever you know?" She whispered in my ear.

I didn't answer because I felt her lips on my neck. I tilted my head a little to give her more space. I felt her hands as she slowly moved them across my stomach. This was all that mattered to me. She was my life. I turned so I could kiss her. Her lips were soft and fit against mine perfectly.

I spent the rest of the night in her arms. She knew every inch of my body like the back of her hand. As I laid there on the bed with my head resting on her chest, I knew that I would always be safe with her.

"Baby?"

"Yes?" I heard her mumble and she stroked my hair.

"Thanks for holding onto me even when I gave you all the reasons to let go"

I didn't look at her but I knew she was smiling.

"I'd always hold onto you no matter what baby. Always" She said as she kissed my temple. I smiled and let out a content sigh.

I took her other hand in mine and intertwined our fingers. She had changed my life in ways that I couldn't possibly explain. She had taught me what the meaning of true love was. She meant everything to me and I would always be thankful for having her in my life.

Her love was endless and it belonged to me.