The Road Back Home

Writer's Note:

Sorry I haven't updated this one in a while, writer's block sucks. Lol.

Craig's POV:

Monte seems to be depressed lately. Not like post mortem, but worse. Almost as if he misses someone. We did move out to California when he was four months along. His idea. He didn't want Damien Marie to cross paths with Ronnie. Ronnie isn't supposed to be get out of prison for at least another few months and Robert has made it clear that we're all welcome at his house anytime. I'll call him, see if his offer still holds up.

~

"Monte," I began, walking into the living room as Monte breastfed our daughter. He looked up, smiling as I sat in the chair next to him. "Do you wanna go on a road trip?"

"Where to?" He questions, his eyebrows moving closer together in confusion.

"Somewhere you're gonna like." I wink as I speak. Monte, though very confused, smiled at my words. "Come on, let's start packing."

~

Soon as Damien's doctor's appointment was over that next day, I drove our little family out of town. Onto the highway and off to Las Vegas. I realize that it will take a few days for Dami's vaccines to kick in, but they can start working while we're in Vegas, right?

The whole way there, we listened to seventies through nineties rock, (my personal favorites being Bon Jovi and Aerosmith.) I think we're raising a little rock star. Damien wouldn't stop smiling and laughing as the music played. Needless to say, I'm proud of our baby girl.

When we arrived at a hotel out in Utah, I could tell Monte was exhausted. And he wasn't even the one driving most of that time. Well, what all can I even say? The road does tend to be tiring.

"So, you gonna tell me where we're going?" Monte asks, walking out of the hotel room's bathroom in his pajamas.

"Nope." I smile out as I gently shake my head. "It's a surprise." Monte smiled, walking over to the bed and laying down on it. I can tell he's going to be happy to be back home.