New Year, New Family

Monte's POV:

It's New year's Eve morning and my pregnancy is almost up. She's close. I can feel it. My due date is technically on the second of January, but I feel like she's coming today.

"Craig," I say as little Damien runs her hand across my lower stomach. "She's ready to come out." I was right. Not even five seconds later, I could feel the first contraction. I nearly screamed at the pain.

"C'mon, we gotta get you to the hospital." Craig said, hurriedly, helping me up from my seat. He helped me to the car, moments before yet another contraction nearly sent me to the ground. I managed to be able to stand up, only to sit down in the car.

~

When we got to the hospital, Craig helped me into a wheel chair, taking me to the delivery room, where I was soon met with several nurses and doctors, one of which put a mask over my mouth and nose. Soon enough, I went to sleep.

~

I could hear her. My sweet baby girl. Damien Marie. She was finally here. I opened my eyes, only to see Craig holding our newborn daughter. She was wrapped in a pale pink blanket. I couldn't see much of her, but I knew she was beautiful.

"Monte," Craig began, handing our little girl to me. "She's perfect." Gladly, I accept the tiny bundle of baby and blanket, smiling down at her as she wrapped her tiny hand around my finger.

"Hey, baby." I say in a high pitched voice, just above a whisper. "Hi, Dami. I'm your mama." I could feel tears start to run down my cheeks as I stare into my baby girl's eyes. "I love you, Damien Marie. Never forget that." She let out a small yawn as I cried a few more tears. At this moment, I didn't need anyone else's approval. Because in this moment, my life was complete.