Surprise, Craig

Monte's POV:

It's almost the morning of Christmas eve and here I am, once more flung over the toilet, puking my guts out. What is going on, you may ask? I can't be one hundred percent sure, but I think I'm pregnant. How? I was born with, not only manly bits, but female reproductive organs, too. And, yes, they work. I can't tell Craig, though. Not until I know for sure. I have to go get a pregnancy test. Hopefully the store is still open this late.

~

When I got home, I almost immediately went to the bathroom to take the test. I can't wait. I tried not to wake Craig, but even that was an epic fail.

"Monte?" I hear Craig ask from the other side of the door. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I reply, shortly before looking at the test. Positive. Hell no. There's a reason I never told Craig about my condition. I didn't want him to think I'm just a freak of nature. I wanted him to love me for who I am. "Craig?" I began to cry.

"Yeah, baby?" Craig replied, opening the bathroom door. "What's wrong?" I don't say anything.I just look at the test, crying. "Monte, what's going on?"

"I should've told you." I whisper. I can't even look him in the eyes now. "Craig, I'm sorry."

"For what? Being different? Getting pregnant when you can't control it?" Has Craig seen this kind of thing before? "Look, Monte, I love you no matter what. And I'll be here with you every step of the way." Craig lightly kissed my cheek, wiping away my tears with his thumb. "We'll find a way, babe. We'll make it through this." I just hope he still thinks that way when the baby's born.