Poster boy.

I was up bright and early the next day, this was starting to be a habit with me, I usually hated early mornings. I was eager to get out and start putting these posters up. Once I got an idea in my head I had to get it done, procrastinating wasn't my thing. Actually I was itching to get out there, but there wasn't much point in leaving too early, libraries, shops, and bars wouldn't be open so I'd just spend loads of time waiting around outside in the cold. Even if all the snow had now all thawed out, it was still cold. I had already checked my emails to see if I had any notifications from any missing persons websites, I hadn't. I decided I would log on a few groups and ask for advice on how to trace a missing person, there was bound to be people, or websites, with more ideas that I could try.
My mind kept thinking about the man I had seen, and the more I thought about it, the more certain I was he had been the man I'd seen in Cardiff. I could only hope it was a coincidence and nothing more than that.
I was getting fidgety waiting to get out, and by eight thirty I had left the flat, leaving a note to let Rach' know what I was doing. I headed to a shop to buy cable ties before doing anything else, and was armed with scissors, blue tack, and several reels of various types of tape, in my bag, as well as string. (Well I wasn't sure what was going to work best on what surfaces and I didn't want to be caught out.)
Once I had cable ties I started by putting posters on various lamp posts, picking ones in the busiest parts of town in the hopes of getting the most amount of people possible to see them. The bars wouldn't be open for some time, but shops and the library would be now. I headed for the library, they knew both myself and the boy well in there. I knew all the librarians names. I loved it in the library, and spent a lot of time there.

"Morning Kiera," Sharyn said as I walked up to the help desk. "How are you, I heard about your accident."

"Hi Sharyn, I'm fine now thanks. Just a concussion and bruising. Rachel came off worse than me."

"Oh no, is she ok?"

"She had a collapsed lung and cracked rib. So she's taking longer to get over it than me. She's not too bad now though. She was even up to some shopping yesterday."

"Oh the poor thing, I can't imagine the pain she must have been in. Did you buy anything nice?"

"Tops, jeans and handbags each."

"That sounds about right, always handbags. I must have twenty and still always want more. What can I help you with today?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't mind putting a poster up on your notice board for me.
Brandyn's gone missing, and I've tried everything I can think of to find him."

"Oh no, how long has it been since you erm, saw him last?" Sharyn seemed concerned.

"It's been a few weeks now since I actually saw him. I'm sure I had a text though, but he could have been missing three weeks by now."

"Have you tried his family?" She asked me.

"I can't remember his mum's married name, and I've tried social media but all his accounts have been deleted."

"Hmmm, that's not so good then. Can you remember her previous name? I may be able to look up on our system that, and although I shouldn't, if she changed her surname with us I could just let it slip out to you what it was."

"Oh you're the best Sharyn. I never actually thought to look up her previous surname. It was Valance."

"Ok let me see what we have, you go and put that poster up while I take a look."

"Thanks Sharyn."

I walked over to the noticeboard and pinned a poster up, after I moved a few smaller posters about to make room. I couldn't believe how much help Sharyn was being, I knew she could get into trouble if anyone found out.
She smiled as I walked back to the desk. By now William, another librarian, was behind the desk, loading some returned books onto a cart.