Chapter 132

Luna slowly opened her eyes with a yawn, blinking as the room focused around her. She really didn't want to get up, but she knew she had become far too awake to make her way back into dreamland.

She looked around, slowly recognizing the room she was in.

How did she.... When did Luna get to her Temple room? She had been waiting outside the Council Chambers for Anakin.....

And had apparently fallen asleep while she was waiting. Perfect.

Luna got up with a groan, secretly hoping that Anakin would just assume her tiredness was due to nightmares or something. She didn't know how to explain that she wasn't planning to sleep. At all.

Anakin had caught her out of bed the other night when she had been walking around, staying a far distance from the windows, trying to get herself more awake.

He had immediately sent her back to bed.

She walked through the doorway, quickly finding Anakin working on what she assumed was a droid. He glanced up from his work as she came in.

"Have a nice nap?" he asked, fiddling with something on his comm before turning to face her.

"Yeah. Sorry, I fell asleep," Luna told him.

"It's fine. You obviously needed it," Anakin replied.

"I'm not the only one," she responded, studying his tired appearance.

"Yeah, well I highly doubt a nap would help."

"You never know."

Before Anakin could respond, the door to the hallway opened as Obi-Wan walked in.

"Oh good, you're up," the older Jedi said as the door closed behind him, looking at Luna. "We have things to discuss."

Luna raised an eyebrow, immediately reading inbetween the lines. Something had happened. "Okay, sure. What are we going to talk about?"

"Last night," Anakin responded.

Sith. Thought we were putting that behind us. "Oh. That."

"Yes, that," Obi-Wan agreed. "Anakin already summarized it for me."

"So, what is there to talk about?" Luna asked, playing dumb as she leaned against the wall and studied the two.

"The fact that you were knowingly putting your life in danger. All of us know you wouldn't do that without a good reason," Anakin replied. "We want to know what that reason is."

"Oh...." Luna muttered, quickly finding somewhere to look at besides either of the Jedi. She had forgotten in the spir of the moment the other day how any action or stance she took could easily be looked at from two angles, one as the action of her as a kid, and the other as the action of someone who knew the future and the path different actions would lead down. It was something for the others to be wary of because they all knew that she knew far more then she said, and it had forced her to be extremely careful sometimes.

Luna's reason for going to the opera was to stop Anakin's fall by preventing him from hearing about Plagueis's power and letting the idea of the possibility of being able to learn it get into his head. That had been her reason.

That was not a reason she could explain easily, especially if she were to try to do it delicately.

"So, what was it?" Anakin asked. She could tell that he wasn't willing to let it go. "Come on, Luna."

Luna took a deep breath.... Was now the time? Was time to tell them about Vader?

"Have you ever heard the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?" Luna asked, turning away from them and running a hand over the different tools and shut down droids along the wall. She closed her eyes, opening herself up to the Force as much as she could. She had changed her voice, as she always tried to do when quoting this particular story, to make it sound like a Coruscant accent.