Chapter 67

Luna wasn't one of those girls that memorized hand clapping games, like "Do You Know How to Eat an Oreo" or "Miss Mary Mack," beyond the lyrics. First of, she had a horrible time figuring out the motions, and as soon as she got the motions and started going faster, she would mess up. Secondly, Luna had no one to teach or do it with her, she learned what little motions she knew from watching others. She only knew the lyrics because she was good at picking up tunes.

Needless to say, Luna had given it up pretty quickly. She had better things to do with her time, like read or homework.

That said, Luna was stuck in the medbay, not allowed to move from her bed, and she had forgotten her backpack on the Falcon. She was bored to tears. There was only so long she could imagine things because when she imagined things, it was Star Wars and usually it involved things that she either wished had happened or something that she still needed to work into her mind as having actually happened. Luna was worried the first may mess up any true facts or possibilities, not to mention how she imagined someone would feel in one position or another could be off. The second was something that she would prefer to work into her mind when she had her books with her and no med-droids looking over her shoulder while she was having a breakdown because of Operation Knightfall or something.

So, Luna started teaching herself the "Cup Song." A droid had brought food in for her at some point, and now she had an empty tray and an empty cup and literally nothing better to do than figure out the motions for the song besides stare at the cup and imagine she could use the Force to make it float. Luna had tried the latter several times, but nothing ever happened.

Needless to say, she was now very good at the "Cup Song."

"I got my ticket for the long way 'round,

Two bottle 'a whiskey for the way.

And I sure would like some sweet company,

And I'm leaving tomorrow, wha-do-ya say?

When I'm gone,

When I'm gone.

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.

You're gonna miss me by my hair,

You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh,

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.

I've got my ticket for the long way 'round,

The one with the prettiest of views.

It's got mountains, it's got rivers, it's got sights to give you shivers,

But it sure would be prettier with you.

When I'm gone,

When I'm gone.

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.

You're gonna miss me by my walk,

You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh,

You're sure gonna miss me when I'm gone."

Luna set the cup down as she ended the song with a sigh. She didn't know how long she'd been in the medbay, but it had been more than long enough. Her leg felt fine now, probably had to do with whatever treatment she had been given considering that was probably light years ahead of Earthen medicine. Luna was also fairly sure that the bruise on her face was gone too.

She set the tray and cup on a bedside table as she layed back down onto the bed. Luna didn't know how much longer she could stand staring at the white ceiling in the medbay with nothing to do. At least back in hospitals on Earth she could read. Or imagine things happening without feeling guilty for imagining them.