Chapter 8

When Luna came back downstairs, she could hear the sounds of lightsabers.

Oh dear, she thought to herself as she ran to the living room. The movie had already made it to the fight on the bridge of the Invisible Hand. Luna snatched up the remote control and paused the movie.

"Seriously?" Anakin asked.

"You want to watch Star Wars, watch A New Hope or A Phantom Menace, but by the mother freakin' Force, you are not watching Revenge of the Sith!" Luna almost yelled. She tried to calm herself, knowing that getting angry was a bad idea, getting angry with Anakin Skywalker, of all people, was an awful idea, and that they wouldn't know any better because they wouldn't know how much they did not want to see the entire movie. "I've got some clothes for you, you can stay until whoever gets back first arrives. I'll drop off some food and enough money for lunch in the cat's alley in the morning, but I can't stay long because of school. We can talk more in the afternoon, and I'll try to see if there's anything you can do to try to get back to your universe faster."

"And why would we not want to watch this?" Obi-Wan asked as he hoped that the name of the movie didn't symbolize something awful.

"Well, for starters, secrets that some people don't want you to know are revealed," Luna said, not revealing anything behind the reason as she looked straight into Anakin's eyes.

Your special secret, she tried to project to Anakin, latching onto his presence and sending the impression of his and Padmé's marriage in it. She tried to have the massage centered around only him and to block off her own mind from Obi-Wan.

She thought she saw something stir in his eyes, but it could have been her imagination.

Then again, all of this could have been her imagination and she was going crazy.

"Any other reasons?" Obi-Wan asked.

"All ones that you never want to even think about happening," Luna replied, her voice sharp.

Obi-Wan studied her. He could tell that while Luna wasn't Force sensitive, she was uncannily in tune with the Force, even being able to cloak herself from him. He could also tell that she wanted certain things, things that were very, very dark, to not be told to them.

He decided to accept the answer, for the moment.

"Thank you very much for your assistance," Obi-Wan said. Somewhat to his surprise, Luna's eyes dropped to the floor and he could sense a longing of some sort before her presence disappeared yet again.

"It's the least I can do."