• T H I R T E E N •

•••

"Natsu? Whaaaaaahhhhhh-!"

She was not even given a moment more, for Natsu had started dragging her alongside him, grinning like an idiot.

"What-What are you doing?" She asked, frantically trying to keep up with his pace while simultaneously trying and failing to free her hand.

"Hold on tight now Luce."

Perhaps it was her desperate attempts to free herself that irked him, or maybe just his mischievous nature, for in the next instant, he had grabbed her by her waist, and heaved her up in his arms, bridal style.

"N-Natsu?" She asked shyly, blushing profusely at their close proximity.

"Ughh Luce! Too many late night snacks?"

It took her a moment to realise what he meant and she was ticked off again, now struggling to get out of his grasp.

"Let me down you jerk!"

He was totally nonchalant at her struggles, instead holding her even closer and tighter than before, not planning to let go.

He grinned again, tightening his grip.

"Get ready~"

"What are you doiAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH-!"

One moment they were on the ground and the other they were in the air, flying. Literally flying, with the cool air whipping at their faces.

Lucy tightened her hold around his neck, burying her face in his warm chest.

"Natsu don't let go." She mumbled weakly, unsure if he'd even listen against the howling of the wind.

However, he slightly squeezed his hold on her, leaning in to be closer to her. "Don't worry." He assured, comforting her. "I will never."

She gingerly opened her eyes to look up at him, and he was staring right back at her, with such softness that made her heart melt.

"I'm scared that you'll drop me because you think I'm heavy." She joked, trying to lighten the mood.

He scrunched up his brows as if he was in deep thought, and then smirked. "Ah. Who knows? I might."

Suddenly, they started losing altitude, for Natsu stopped his flight.

"Natsu?" Lucy shrieked, sacred to death.

"Oh no! Looks like I lost my fire booster! Agghh where is Happy when you need him?"

"WHAT?"

Lucy shut her eyes tightly, scared to face what was going down. Her hold tightened even more, clutching Natsu as her support.

"I don't want to die!"

She waited for the fall to come, except that it didn't. Hesitantly, she opened her eyes, expecting the worst.

"Did you really think I was going to let you fall?"

His deep, soothing voice brought her attention back to him, only to find him smiling like an idiot.