39. Lost

Tres and I haven't talked at all when he returned. He didn't bother to check on me even. I was hurting but I was able to endure the ache and pretend to be okay. Harper said we'll have a girls' night which I assumed is her Bachellorette's party. She mentioned that boys will spend the night on their own too. Flickr's sister in law and Harper's biological sister, Ellen, joined us too. They just arrived earlier this afternoon. They actually have close resemblance that a stranger could immediately figure out they are siblings. Trying to get Tres off my head, I sang and danced with the girls even though my talent doesn't include the two. It was really a fun night.

"Hi." Tres greeted casually when he walked in his room. Yup, I went to his room to see him. Not that I wanted to talk, I just really wanted to see him. "I was at your room."

"Sorry. I was just leaving." I said, feeling embarrassed at my stupidity.

"Please stay."

I choke on my reply. Silence guarded the room for a few minutes until I heard myself gasping because of Tres' effect on me. He wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him back.

"I miss you." I whispered, teary-eyed.

"I miss you." He whispered back. "Stay, okay?"

Not bringing up Camille's name was a good thing. At least, I wouldn't have to  argue with him again. Peacefully, after I changed into his worn shirt that smells so good, smells him, we were lying down the bed. My back is against him while his arms are around my waist. He's been kissing my nape repeatedly.

"I'm sorry for what she did."

"I'm okay and it's not your fault." I answered quickly before he gets a chance to mention her name.

"I love you, Maddy."

My tears rolled on the side of my eyes when he said those words. Tres gently tugged my waist around to face him.

"You believe me, don't you Maddy?"

I nodded while the tears glistening my cheeks continued to flow.

"Goodnight, love." He whispered like how he used to do before the accident and amnesia happened.

"Goodnight, Tres. I love you." With his lips pressed on my forehead, I was sure I will have a good sleep.

WAKING UP ALONE in the bed gave me a bad morning to start with. Good thing there was note on the night stand with three white roses. My blood danced with my veins at how that made me so happy and relieved.

See you at the wedding, beautiful.

That was all the note said. I hurried to my room and took a shower. After drying my hair up, I just let it down. I did my own make up and then went to Harper's busy room. One make up artist approached me to add more color to my face but I politely declined. I don't feel comfortable wearing layered make up. It makes my face heavy for some reason.

"You look perfect." I mumbled when Harper was all ready, with the veil on her head and a bouquet of flower in her hand.

"Thank you, Maddy." She whispered after we hugged. "I'm shaking and nervous and scared and..."

"Beautiful. You are so beautiful. Ansel's gonna have his jaw drop." I said to calm her down. Everyone says it's a normal thing to feel. Bride's wedding jitters. "Ready?"

"I guess so. I have to see Ansel or I'm gonna go crazy."

Aaaah. That was so sweet, I giggled. I wonder how it will feel when I marry Tres. Oh, how I wish I will really marry him. It's either him or be alone forever. I hope he feels the same way as I do.