24. LDR

Tres

It's been two months since Maddy returned to States. We made it without having to argue about things. I've been trying so hard to be the most patient and considerate boyfriend that I can be. There were so many times I got so annoyed and jealous but I managed to keep my emotions to myself. In fact, I have the right to be angry because I'm her boyfriend and that moron by the name of Flickr shouldn't be in States to see her. But like Maddy would always say, I should trust her. Sigurado rin naman ako na ako ang mahal niya. That's more than enough. All I need to do is learn how to control my jealousy.

"Kendall?" I obviously panicked when I saw her sitting alone on the outdoor lounge and I frantically hurried to her. "Why are you crying?"

"Did you know he was home, kuya?"

"What?"

"Cedric. Did you know?"

What? Cedric is back. That's literally what she said. I didn't know.

"I didn't know, Vana." That's how we used to call her when she was little. Her name's Kendall Nirvana.

"Nakita ko kaya siya. He acted like as if he doesn't know me. That's way too harsh." She cried out.

"Maybe, he didn't see you."

"Seriously? I walked to him to their table. I even waited outside the restaurant after he ignored me and told his friends that he didn't know me." After that revelation, I curled my fist into ball. At the back of my head, I was already knocking Cedric off. "Why am I so stupid? Ba't ba kasi ako naghintay? Ba't ba kasi hindi ko siya makalimutan?"

Yeah. I know how that felt. 'Yong kahit gaano na kasakit, hindi naman sa hindi mo makalimutan pero kusang ayaw mo lang lumimot. That's what I did and that got me Maddy back. But I don't want to give her that advice because the hell, Cedric is an asshole and he doesn't deserve my cousin! After eventually making Kendall feel better, I headed out to try and see the jerk. It's either he's in the condo or he didn't just really want to see me. Well, for the record, he made the right choice. That's to save his face from getting ruined.

"Oh, wow." Someone familiar grunted which took my full attention. 

"Hey Maddison." I greeted.

"Jerk." She huffed and entered the elevator. She was desperately trying to close it before I can join her but it was vain. I made my way in without trying so hard.

"I'm sorry about last time."

"Don't talk to me."

"Come on. Maddison, I mean to spend that night with you. It was never my intention to..." I don't know what to say. "I wasn't fooling around." I settled with what came to mind.

"You don't call it fooling around? Ah. What is it called then, Mr. Genius? Promising someone to call and never really called?"

"Look. Can we talk about this over a cup of coffee?"

"Not fooling around... when after two months, you invite the girl out for a coffee after never trying to call."

"Please."

I took her to the closest decent coffee shop nearby. We've both taken sips of our coffees and no one spilled a single word. I guess it's something for me to make and not hers.

"Maddy and I are together."

She let go of her cup and fixed an angry glare at me. Slowly, it turned into a grimace.

"Can you be any meaner than this?" She asked sarcastically. I deserve this attitude she's showing off. 

"We can at least be friends. And I owe you secrets to finish the game."