PROLOGUE

TAMING  THE   LIONESS

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All rights reserved.
©MadamKlara

SNS accounts:

Twitter:                         madammklara

Instagram:                   zyraclairecabasis

Youtube:                       MadamKlara

Facebook Page:        MadamKlara

*****

I totally hate literature. Or so I thought. Because when I knew that she loves prose and poetry, that her life revolves in arts and history, I saw myself becoming a pursuer of literature. I even became a poet. Yup. Gross, eh? Ugh. I don't know what to write anymore. But I need to write something.  I have to join this club because she's the president and it's the only way to get in to her good graces.

"Tres Palmer." She called out after all the others submitted their written pieces. "Your paper's empty."

"I couldn't write anything last night."I answered with my charming smile.

"Then what are you here for? Shakespeare League only accepts new members who are able to comply with the requirements which for this instance is your written piece, not your smile."

Sungit. That's how, that's why I like this girl. She's not like the rest who swoons at me because I'm one of the Palmer brothers.

"Um. But I can do poetry." I said out of nowhere. Good heavens. I don't have anything in my head right now! Shut the hell up, Tres or you'll embarrass yourself. Phew. How could my name rhymed to that?

"Then you should've written it." She strongly said. The other hopeful-auditioners laughed at that.

"What for?" I arrogantly barged in to redeem myself from embarrassment. "I do impromptu poetry. I believe that to be a poet, you don't always need an ink. All we need sometimes is our voice." I walked slowly towards her. But as always, she was a lioness, not threatened or afraid of anything. She's not threatened of how I look at her. She's not afraid of the possibility that she might fall in love with me if she locks her gaze with my eyes. 

"All we need sometimes is our voice and of course, an inspiration." I added and smiled.

"That sounds interesting. Do your 'impromptu poetry' then. I hope you find inspiration from whatever in this room." She said sarcastically before giving me the floor.

Everyone waited for me to start but there was not a single word I can grasp. Damn it. Remind me. Tres, why are you making yourself a subject of shame?

"Mr. Palmer?" She called out to cut my silence.

Voice and inspiration, you say Tres? Then get it! With that in thought, I faced her. When I stared in the window of her soul, I was taken to another universe and I found my poetry. I did become a poet.

Her face screams perfection

that rivets Venus herself to shame.

Her hair is a silky thread

and her eyes are glowering mist

She is an angel to behold,

but is a lioness in her fortress.

But I'm so much more

than just a king in the jungle.

I own this forest.

My name is Tres.

There's only one thing I need to do—

taming the lioness.