26. Graduation

Isang eksena ang sumalubong sa'kin nang puntahan ko si Kendall sa kanila para ibigay ang pasalubong ko. Kagagaling ko lang sa opisina, dumiretso lang ako para idaan ang mga pasalubong.

"You are so selfish." Kendall spit out. "You're so selfish, Cedric. You want me  and then push me away in the next minute. What do you really want me to do? I am not one of those girls who worship you."

"I'm sorry, then. But if you wanted the label, I just can't give it." Cedric said and that made me want to hit him on the face. "You know what, I don't deserve you. Tres is right. Everyone is right. You're damn too good for me."

"You don't really love me after all. You are just a jerk who loves to lie in front of a stupid girl who loves you even after knowing how much of an asshole you are!"

"I love you, Vana. I love you. I didn't lie about that."

"Then, be with me." Kendall literally cried that out.

"I can't. I'm bound to be with someone else." How could he be so blunt about it? What the hell is going on with his life by the way? He just left almost two years ago without a single word and now he came back in our lives, claiming as if everything's the same.

My eyes shifted to Kendall. I saw the small sarcastic smile forming in my cousin's lips.

"Leave. Leave, Cedric." There was no conviction in her voice. At all. It even turned out the other way around. She asked him to leave but her voice was begging him to stay.

"Vana."

"Leave!" She sounded sure this time. "Leave the fuck out of my life."

Cedric tried to reach her but my cousin recoiled instantly as soon as he tried.

"Wag na 'wag ka ng babalik. 'Wag ka ng magpakita sa'kin."

I was too stunned to move. I didn't bother walking away even when they both saw me. Cedric left without getting a punch from me. I was more concerned of my cousin who's now crying on her knees.

"Kuya..." Sambit niya nang yakapin ko siya.

"It's okay. We all go through this. You're gonna be okay. I promise." I told her even when I wasn't so certain about it. When I was so broken by Maddy, I never moved on and forgot her. I'm too afraid that we, Palmers, aren't so good about moving on.

Mabilis ang pagdaan ng mga araw. Ilang linggo nalang graduation na ni Madellaine. It's been four months since I last saw her. Hindi na ako nagkaroon ng pagkakataong bumalik ng America. Our company needed so much attention for a while now. Natatakot nga akong baka hindi ako makakapunta sa graduation niya. No. I will be there.

You should, Tres. Or someone else will be there.

"You seemed not excited at all." I commented when she announced the exact date of her graduation. We video chat every night. We always both make time.

"Si dad at mom kasi. Sa tingin ko, they were just trying to be civil in front of me. They haven't confirmed it yet but I know that they're getting a divorce. I saw both of them meeting lawyers and all. Pakiramdam ko, hinintay lang nilang makagraduate ako e." Mahabang salaysay niya. "Maybe, they kept it from me to avoid me from getting discouraged while I'm still studying."

"I wish I can tell you it's okay."

"I wish you were here."

"Oh baby. You're just making me miss you even more." I complained and she smiled at that.

"How's Uno doing by the way?" Lagi niyang kinukumusta si Kuya at ikinukwento niya rin sa'kin si Gabbi. We both still wished that they get back together even if it's too impossible at the moment.