Chapter 7 - the jericho missile

The aggressive ringing of my alarm wakes me up, causing me to roll over and fall out of the bed. As my back hits the ground, I groan slightly before I'm laying my head down and try to open my eyes.

"Jarvis?" I ask as I sigh at the sun light illuminating on me. I place my wrist on my head, covering my eyes from the sun. "What time is it?"

"It's 7 am, Miss."

I grunt,"I told you to wake me up at 8."

"No, you didn't, Miss," the AI answers before slightly mocking my tone while saying the next words. "Wake me up at 7, Jay. That's what you said."

"Alright, alright," I mumble as feel the cold ground beneath me. "What did I think? 7 am, that's ridiculous even for me."

I push myself up and drag myself into the bathroom, where I try to become awake by splashing cold water into my face. I then continue with brushing my teeth and tying my messy hair into a ponytail.

After a few minutes, I walk out of my room but stopping abrupt, almost stepping into a small box with a note. I roll my eyes and pick it up, reading the message.

I'm sorry.

I open the box and eye the in chocolate covered strawberries. As I smell the wonderful scent, I lean myself against the door, tasting one of them. While I chew on the delicious fruit, I slightly nod my head, taking forgiving my dad into consideration. I put it into my room and walk downstairs into the kitchen, making two cups of coffee, one for me and one for Pepper.

At the sound of footsteps, I look up and walk towards the door. A blonde woman is walking down the stairs and looking around the living room. She steps closer to the door to our workshop and stares at the control handle. The blonde taps on a few buttons but then she shrieks back at the sound of Jarvis explaining,"You are not authorized to access this area."

"Jesus," the woman mumbles. I chuckle slightly and lean myself agains the door frame. She turns around and eyes me before asking,"Rebekah Stark, right?"

I nod and walk closer towards her. I slit my eyes and ask,"And you are?"

"Christine Everhart," she explains, holding her hand out to shake but i just respond with slightly raising my hands with a cup in each one. She chuckles slightly and just give her a weird smile back. She nods towards the coffee and smiles,"Thank you."

I give her a weird look and explain,"Uh, this is not for you."

"Ooh," she mumbles as she slightly nod her head, looking away in embarrassment.

I hold back a laugh and just move on with explaining the mysterious voice from the walls. "That was Jarvis, by the way. He runs the house."

She nods and then Pepper enters the room with clothes in her hands. She smiles at the woman and explains,"I got your clothes here. They've been dry-cleaned and pressed, and there's a car waiting for you outside that will take you anywhere you'd like to go."

"And this is for her," I say while I hand one cup of coffee to Pepper. She thankfully accepts it.

Christine eyes her and mumbles,"You must be the famous Pepper Potts."