Chapter 1 - an accident

I saw the light fade from the sky
On the wind I heard a sigh
As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
I will say this last goodbye
~'the last goodbye'
by Billy Boyd

June 9, 1999

A black car drives on the streets of Washington DC's outskirts, being surrounded by enormous trees and wide bushes. A blonde woman stares at the dusty road as she drives the car. In one of the backseats a young girl with brown hair is strapped into a children's seat. Her pair of green eyes, which she inherited from her mother, peek at the beautiful sky through the window. It was a sea of darkness with tiny little stars, reminding the girl of diamonds. She raises her arm and touches the cold glass of the window, not taking her eyes of the sky.

"Rebekah, are you trying to reach for the stars, honey?" her mother asks as her lays her eyes on the little girl. The child nods excitedly, wishing to be in space. The woman chuckles at the sight of her daughter and concentrates back on the street.

Angelina loves the girl with her whole heart. Rebekah is the only family she has left after everyone else died. Her parents as well as her sisters were agents, just like herself. Her parents and one of her sisters died because of their work at the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. Her other sister had a more complicated death, hard to explain and resulting into the loss of her nephew and niece. There is still one sister she hast left.

One could say that she has experienced death and loss her whole life, but she got one precious thing after years of suffering.

She had a daughter.

Rebekah is the person, she loves the most. Her daughter's giggles, adorable expressions and mostly intelligent questions light up her mood every time she is not feeling well. Angelina would never let anything happen to this precious little girl, believing that the world needs such a soul.

Because in the end, she is destined to change it. With the intelligence of her father and braveness of her mother, she will become important to the world.

Angelina yawns resulting to a yawn of the girl herself. Both start chuckling and look at each other when a black figure jumps onto the street. The woman's eyes widen in shock at the sight of the person on the street. There is no time left to stop the vehicle before the man lays his arm onto the car. Dents build around his grip and as the light illuminates his arm, the blonde gasps in shock. Her piercing green eyes stare at the metal arm as the car is being flipped around. The car crashes onto the ground and lands on it's roof while sliding  across the street. The mother looks at the little girl in the back of the car, who started crying whilst the crash.

"Shh, Baby. Are you hurt?" The mother asks as she tries to reach for her child. "Baby, look at me. Look at me, you have to stop crying, okay?"

The girls becomes quieter as her mother talks to her, tears still streaming down her face. Angelina's voice went low as she said,"You have to be silent and not say a word, okay? You have to be quiet, so the man doesn't find you." The woman grabs her squished back and rummages around until she finds the two things she was looking for. With her right hand she tosses her advanced phone, made by the agency she works for, to her daughter and explains to click on a certain button and then dial the number one. "Do it and then say that you need help. Got it?"

Her daughter remains silent.

The tone of her voice got stronger as she asks her again,"Did you understand?" The girl nods as she stares at the device in her small hands. Angelina then proceeds to load the her gun with another hand and then tries to get out of the car. Right before she left, she whispered to Rebekah,"I love you, baby."