Chapter 4 - gut feelings

Hellooooo, so I have a new chapter! There is only one left after this and then I will post the iron man story.

I'm so excited :)

The family of four was sitting on the dining table, eating breakfast. Howard is reading the newspaper while Maria talks to her son and granddaughter about the errands she has to run today.

"Do you want to come with me today, Bex?" She asks the 3-year-old as she eats her plate of strawberries.

She is about to say yes when Howard interrupts the conversation,"I think it would be a good idea to show her Stark Industries today. Her leg is fine now and sooner or later she has to get familiar with the company she will own one day."

"Dad, she is three years old," he mumbles as he rolls his eyes. "Besides, what is she isn't interested in the company? You can't force her."

Howard puts his newspaper aside and looks at his soon,"Then that is her decision but it doesn't hurt her too see the place, does it?"

"No, I guess not."

"Besides, I doubt that she won't have interest. After all, she is a Stark," the man adds.

The father and the son stare at each other silently while Rebekah watches them. Howard decides finishes his coffee and says,"Get ready and come as soon as you guys can. I have to leave for work now."

He walks away and then Maria leaves too to run her errands, leaving Tony and Rebekah alone.

Tony sighs as he finished his breakfast . Rebekah notices his tensed posture so she decided to make him laugh. She taps on his shoulder and when he looks at her, she gives him a bright smile. At the sight of the orange inside her mouth, he begins laughing and rumples through her hair.

"Come on, munchkin. We have to leave soon."

A few hours later, the father and his daughter climb out of his car and walk towards the building of the company. Rebekah stares at the huge, shining letters on top of the building, saying Stark Industries. She takes her father's hand and walk inside. There are many workers, walking around the building. Rebekah looks at the huge amount of people and pulls onto Tony's sleeve. He looks at her and raised his eyebrows. With her hand, she motions him to bend forward and so he does. With a lower voice she asks,"Do they all work here?"

Tony chuckles at the question of his daughter and answers,"Yes, they work here." He points at the elevator and mumbles,"Come on, let's go to the office."

With big eyes she repeats,"The office?"

The duo walks up to the elevator and squish themselves inside next to the other workers. Tony presses the top button and as they go up, silence takes over.

"Hi Simone," Tony greets the elder woman with mocha skin and beautiful curly hair, who doesn't seem to like him.

"Hello, Mr Stark," she replies with a monotone voice.

"I told you to call me-"

Tony was interrupted by the sound of the opening doors and everyone inside leave. Rebekah stares at the group of people around the huge desk as the elevator closes.

"What are they doing, Daddy?" She asks him and he explains that they are having a meeting.

A few moments later they arrive at the highest floor and walk out. Tony leads her to the big brown door to Howard's office. He opens them for her and as they get inside, her grandfather and a stranger turn around to look at them.