Chapter 2 - his daughter

So if you're lost and afraid
And you feel so alone
Don't worry child
Cause there's a Father who will love you as His own.
Just like he loved his daughter.
Like he loved His daughter.
~'his daughter'
by Molly Kate Kestner

An elder woman with grey hair opens a door and steps inside the room of her son. Her blue eyes linger on the figure spread across the bed, half of his body wrapped in his blanket. Maria carefully takes a few steps forward, making sure to not step on the metal parts or the half open snacks with intensive smells and the almost empty water bottles on the ground. As she reaches the bed, she gently lays her hand on the man's shoulder.

The figure turns around and slowly open his eyes, staring at his mother with his chocolate brown eyes. She gently strokes his tousled brown hair and wishes him a good morning.

"Good morning, mom," he replied before a yawn escaped his mouth. The mother scrunches her nose at the slight alcoholic smell in his breath. The boy partied the whole night, resulting into a bad hangover and a headache. He reaches for the digital clock on his night stand and checks the time. "It's 6 am, mom. Why did you wake me up?"

The woman stares at the ground, unsure about what to mention and what not. A fellow worker of her husband has arrived there with bad news. Maria decides to give him a simple answer,"We have guests."

"Do I need to wake up for them."

"Yes, you do. Get dressed and come downstairs as fast as you can. It's important " She stands up and walks towards the door. Just before she leaves the room, she quickly adds, "Oh, and take a mint before you come downstairs."

The woman leaves Tony alone in his room. The brunette man furrows his eyebrows at her comment and covers his mouth, breathing into his hand. The scent of alcohol reaches his nostrils and memories of last night's party appear. He grunts at the thought of it and buries his head into his pillow before forcing himself out of bed.

A few minutes later the young man walks down the stairs in fresh cloths and a mint in his mouth. He steps into the living room, catching sight of his parents and an unfamiliar person. The man stands up from his seat, offering the young Stark his hand while introducing himself. "Good Morning, Mr Stark. I am Erik Downey, a government worker."

"Nice to meet you," Tony says before shaking his hand. The young man looks to his right, just to see his parents, staring at the ground. He senses the intensity in the room and inhaled deeply before adding,"Don't call me Mr Stark, please. I do not want to feel like my father. Just call me Tony."

"Okay, then Tony it is," Downey mumbles before taking a seat as everyone else. He looks into the young man's chocolate brown eyes before he brings the sad news. He starts the conversation with asking a few question. "Tony, do you remember an Angelina Grey?"

"Hm, let's see. Red hair?" The man shakes his head. Tony adds, "I am just joking. She had brown hair and beautiful green eyes."

Mr Downey slowly nods and begins pulling a file out of his suitcase. He lays it onto the table in front of Tony and explains the situation. "She gave birth to a child three years ago. You can read that in the file." He points at it. "And the child's father are you, Tony."

"What?" Tony asks in a muffled voice. He stares at the worker in front of him as confusion spreads. He starts chuckling as if now if this is real. He shakes his head while mumbles,"This must be a mistake."