Chapter 5 - history repeats itself

December 16, 2000

The Stark Mansion

The little Stark was sitting on the ground, playing with her toys as her grandmother plays the piano. She genuinely moves along the music before she starts to sing. Rebekah watches Maria and listens to her compelling voice. No matter how often she listens to her grandmother, she falls I love with her singing over and over again.

Howard stela into the room, putting his jacket on. His eyes wander to the couch and he stares at the body underneath the blanket, whose face was covered in a Santa hat. The man pulls the blanket away. As the coldness hits his body, he groans slightly.

Maria softly spoke to him,"Wake up, dear. Say goodbye to your father."

Howard looks at Rebekah and nods towards his son, asking, "Who is the homeless person on the couch?"

Rebekah giggles as she stood up, jumping onto the couch and waking her father up. He sits up and places Bex onto his lap, picking up the hat and putting it on her. She adjusts it and asks,"Grandma, how do I look?"

The woman glances at her granddaughter and answers,"You look lovely, dear."

"This is why I love coming home from Christmas. Right before you leave town. Unfortunately I'm going to miss Bex, so I don't have time to miss you, Dad," Dad mumbles as he yawns.

Right before Howard says something, Maria stops him,"Be nice, dear. He's been studying abroad."

Tony is taking courses in europe, giving Rebekah the chance to travel around and discover new places. At such young age, she has already been to cities such as Paris, London and Rome. She is not completely into the fact that her father is at the university or even at parties instead than being with her but she has to admit that she quite enjoys the traveling.

"Really, which broad? What's her name?" The oldest Stark asks with a slightly teasing tone.

Rebekah frowns, not understand the joke and asks,"What?"

"Nothing," Tony answers pulling the hat forward, covering her sight. She starts giggling and adjusts it again, forgetting about the joke already.

"Candice," Tony whispers quietly, so Bex doesn't hear it.

Yet Rebekah hears everything.

"Who is Candice?" She asks as she stares at his father.

"A friend."

"Can I meet her?"

"No."

"Why not."

"She doesn't like kids."

"Who doesn't like kids? She will like me anyway."

"I lied. Actually, I am the one she doesn't like."

"Understandable."

He frowns at his daughter and looks at her with played offense. She just raises her arms and mumbles,"I said what I said. Not taking anything back."

Maria chuckles as she listens to the bantering between the father and the daughter, happy that they have a good relationship.

"Do me a favor," Howard says as he adjusts the hat on his granddaughter's head, which is about to fall off her head every two seconds because of the big size. "Try not to burn down the house before Monday."