Chapter 3 - a new home

Home
A place where I can go
To take this off my shoulders
Someone take me home
~'Home'
by Machine Gun Kelly, X Ambassadors
& Bebe Rexha

It's been a few days since the little girl met her father. In that short time, they have developed a very strong, nearly unbreakable bond. It took her a few days to start trusting her new family but now she is very happy that she met them.

It was the easiest to bond with Maria. The woman has been very kind to her, telling her stories and singing her to sleep. It was very soon when she started referring to her as grandma and accepted her into her heart.

Then there was Howard. Sadly, they do not have a strong relationship, or any relationship at all. They have barely talked to one another, only smiling at each other now and then and wishing each other a good morning or a good night. She also observed that he is very cold reserved towards Tony, which made it harder for her to develop a bond with her grandfather.

And last but not least, there is Tony. Tony has had a hard time with taking over the role of a father as he doesn't have any experience at all. But it got easier over time, allowing him to let one more person into his heart. It took Rebekah two weeks until she started calling him her Dad and at that moment, Tony has never felt happier.

After a few days at the hospital, Rebekah was finally allowed to leave and moved in with the Stark family. There she met Mr Jarvis, the butler of this family, who is also a very close friend, someone they can trust. Another person she met is Rhodey, who is an uncle to her now.

Rebekah sighs as she lays in her bed, thinking about the last few days and how everything has changed for her. She went from a rather small house in Washington, living alone with her mother to a big mansion with a father and grandparents.

Her life would never be the same.

Her eyes wander to the window in her room and she stares at the bright sky. She wonders if the paparazzi is still out there prowling around, hoping to get a picture of the newest Stark member. They have been following her since the day she was released from the hospital. She remembers how the were standing around them as they walked to the car, taking pictures of her and Tony. The flashes hurt her eyes so she buried her head into her father's shoulders, who was carrying her around. Her father said that they will slowly go away and leave us alone the most of the time. They just need to adjust to the fact that she exists.

Rebekah looks to her right and picks up a small blue bear. She hugs it tightly and closes her eyes. This was a present of her mother before she died and it's one of the few things she actually took with her from Washington. If she needs something, then she can just go there anyway. The house is hers now since she is the only remaining member of the grey family.

The door to her room gets opened and Tony walks into the room, smiling at his daughter. "Hey, munchkin. What are you doing?"

"Just chilling, you know?" She replies with a smile.

"Chilling, hm? From where did you get that word," he asks as he steps closer to her, picking up the toys from the ground and putting them aside.

"That's a secret I will never tell."

Tony stops for a second as the memories of her mother saying the exact same words appear. They really are similar.

"So now you are keeping secrets, huh?" He asks jokingly as he playfully frowns at her.

She just throws her teddy bear at him and quietly giggles. He begins laughing too and then picks her up.

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"Well, we have guests."

As they walk downstairs, a brunette woman with grey in her hair turns around and faces the little girl.

"Aunt Peggy?" The girl mumbles as she stares at the woman with wrinkles in her face.

"Hello, Darling," she greets the girl with her british accent.

They both hug each other, smiling widely. Peggy might not be her blood relative but she has been her aunt since she could think. That's what Howard found out recently as the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division has been working on the case of Angelina Grey. He decided that it would be good for his granddaughter to see a familiar face after her whole life has changed and she lost the most important person on the planet.

Tony hugs his Aunt and smiles at her,"Sorry, Aunt Peg but you're are now the third most amazing woman on earth. This little girl right here took the first place."

"So, Maria moved to second place?" Carter jokingly asks as she strokes Rebekah's hair.

The family's butler walks into the room and announcing that the food is ready and that is is officially lunch time. Peggy walks towards her old friend and hugs him as everyone else walks into the dining room. They keep on talking for a few minutes before they join the Stark family.

Right before Mr Jarvis sits down he picks up a plate and walks towards Rebekah, putting it in front of her. With a smile on his face, he explains, "As I have heard, you really like strawberries."

The girl's eyes widen at the sight of the plate full of her favorite fruit. "That I like strawberries? I love them!"

A few hours later everyone spread around the house, talking to each other. Tony and Rebekah are outside, laying at the pool while watching the sky. They talk about silly topics like if pancakes or waffles are better for example. Rebekah is convinces that nothing can beat the waffle but Tony has a different opinion. Later Peggy comes out of the house and walks up to the father and daughter duo. Tony stands up from his seat and walks inside, leaving Carter and Stark alone at the pool.

"So how are you, darling," the woman asks her as she sits down.

"I'm alright," she mumbles as she takes her pink sunglasses off and puts them on the table next to her. She looks at Peggy and adds,"I just miss momma."

She gives Rebekah a sad smile,"I do too." She sighs as she asks,"And how is it here? With your father and your grandparents?"

"It's okay- good, actually. It was weird at first but now I really like them. I just missed you too, Aunt Peggy."

The British Agent looks at her niece and smiles. "I missed you too."

Okay so Aunt Peggy is here! Yay! I was so excited to introduce this relationship to you guys. I am also sorry for this short chapter but I promise they won't always be so short :)

Hope you liked this and tell me your thoughts in the comments :)