"No." Fleur lets out a bright laugh. "We're actually meeting up with Troy and Cerise in about half an hour. We're going to enjoy the weather in the park and then we're going out for pizza. All of us together, not just Alex and me." Cerise is another one of their friends, she's closer to my age, while the others are a couple of years younger, they're still in secondary school.

"There will be a lot of talk of DoE, right? I'm not sure if I'm up for that." It'll just remind me that I'm not part of that part of their lives and I don't feel like being the third, or fifth, wheel all evening.

"I'll talk makeup and clothes and manga and anime and console games all afternoon with you. I promise." Fleur flashes me the most innocent of smiles. "Please? Unless you have somewhere else to be."

I shake my head. I don't. And I guess that going out with them is much more fun than spending the afternoon by myself. "Fine. I'll join you. I'm just not as dressed up for nice things as you are." I eye Fleur and Alex lets out a laugh.

"She always dresses like this and this is 'low key' for her. Mostly." Alex takes my one arm as Fleur takes my other arm. "Let's go, I need something cold and some shade, stat."

How these two just take me into their group of friends, I know I can be friendly, but these two are something else... I guess it's good. This way I can't get all into my head about Amber or be bored by myself.

I grin, feeling a little silly being surrounded by Fleur and Alex like this, like I'm their big sister or something, but it's also fun, feeling included. It eases my nerves and gives a bubbly feeling inside.

This is going to be a great evening.

***

I pack my bag early om Monday morning. I'd promised Amber that I'd meet her before my class this afternoon. She's got something in the morning and then also class in the afternoon, but she said she had time in between the two, so we're meeting up in that time so that we don't have to both keep travelling to and from things. It's more efficient like this, plus, I guess, it'll put me in a studious mood, potentially.

I spent most of Friday with Fleur and Alex and their friends and then most of Saturday playing Soul Calibur with Cerise, who apparently doesn't live too far away from me and was in desperate need for some distractions herself, and then yesterday I freaked out as I tried to get as much done on a report I'm supposed to hand in this week. I'm almost done with it, but it'll still take a couple of evenings of hard work...

But none of that matters right now, today is about maths with Amber first and then about science in class. Those two things are going to take enough from my brain as it is. But it was also really sweet of Amber to offer to help me out with my maths, and no matter how awkward I felt, I just couldn't turn her down. I'll just have to figure out how to tell her about the makeup I sent her and me being M in some way today before this takes even longer and things get even more awkward. Great.

The screen of my phone lights up, and I see I've got a message from Izzy. 'We've got a gaming convention coming up in a couple of weeks, are you joining us?'

'Sure. But I'm not going in cosplay.' No way, not my thing. Just need to get that out there with that girl, before she gets ideas.

'Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure that you were coming. Do you have tickets yet?'

Do I have tickets yet? Do I have tickets to one of the biggest gaming conventions of the year? One of the biggest ones in this country anyway. 'Of course. Had them since the day orders opened.'

'Of course. Shouldn't have doubted you. Just forgot to ask Elliot about it, but I should have expected it.' She sends me a whole stream of blushing and grinning emoticons.