Chapter 17

"D-Dallas?!" I choked out.

I dropped to my knees beside his body. Blood was gushing out of his arm and shoulder. His eyes were closed.

"HELP! HE NEEDS HELP! HELP HIM!" I screamed, looking up at the other officers. They rushed outside and a bunch of paramedics came in with four stretchers. They took Dallas first, then the police officers, then the stranger.

"Autumn!" I heard someone yell my name. I stood up and wrapped my arms around Pony's waist tightly. He held me as I sobbed.

"P-pony. What's g-going on?" I asked, panting. I heard him sniffle. He pulled away and put his hands on my shoulders, looking into my eyes. His cheeks were stained with tears and his eyes were red.

"Listen Autumn. I love you. And I don't know what just happened, but I know that you are going to be okay. Alright? It's over. You're safe. They're gonna help Dallas. You're okay." He comforted me, pulling me into his arms again.

"Were gonna be okay. I love you." He repeated.

"I love you too." I cried, muffled into his chest. Someone cleared their throat beside us. I still kept my head buried in his chest.

"Hello. I'm officer miles from the Tulsa Police Department. I'm going to need you to answer some questions." He told me.

"Listen sir she's in no state to be answering questions." Pony spoke for me.

"I'm sorry but I need-" the officer started.

"She's not answering any questions!" Pony exclaimed, interrupting him. I pulled away and wiped my nose with my sleeve.

"I-it's okay. I'll answer them." I stated.

"Are you sure? You don't have to if you don't want to." Pony said, looking down at me. I smiled at him slightly and nodded. He wrapped his arm around my waist as the officer pulled out a notepad and summoned over a camera man. The man held out a microphone.

"Could you tell me what happened exactly?" He asked me. The microphone was now pointed at me.

"Um it was around ten. I had just woken up and I found a note from my mom telling me I was home alone. I was in my bedroom and I heard a bang. I heard two more, and I ran into the closet and hid in there. I heard more gunshots, then they stopped. I heard footsteps coming closer. I heard the front door slam and I heard yelling and footsteps. Then more gunshots. Then I heard sirens, and gunshots. Then you called me to come out." I explained, tears falling down my cheeks. The officer nodded and wrote rapidly in his notepad.

"How many gunshots did you hear?" He asked.

"Ten." I answered. The camera focused on me.

"What is your relation to Dallas Winston? Is he important to you?"

"Yes. He's extremely important to me. He's like my brother. Not biologically, were just friends. But yeah, he's really important to me." I told him, looking down.

"Uh, is he uh, is he gonna be okay?" I asked nervously. The officer looked at me sympathetically.

"Sorry kid. I don't know." He replied. I nodded slowly.

"Okay last question. Do you have any idea who would come into your house, shooting a gun? Do you have any enemies? How about your family members?" He asked.

"I've never seen that man in my life. I don't know. I don't have any male enemies that I know of, but I don't know about my mom or brothers." I replied truthfully. He nodded.