Chapter 5

{November 8}

"Autumn. Wake up, beautiful." Ponyboy lulled. I smiled and sat up. Pony leaned in and kissed me.

"Happy birthday, babe." He said, stroking my hair. I smiled and hugged him.

"Thanks pone." I answered. I put my hair in a high ponytail and tied it. Pony grabbed my hand and pulled me downstairs. We went into the kitchen and it was pitch black, except for a spotlight, shining on a note card. I picked it up and it was in Finns handwriting.

'Welcome to your birthday hunt! First hint: Purple animals really kick' What? Ooh it's mine and Finns code! I took the first letter of each word and formed, PARK. I grabbed Pony's hand and led him out the door. We got to the park and looked around for the second note.

"Autumn over here!" Pony called out. I went over to where he was, the slide, and saw another note taped there.

'Birds use cars, ketchup, swords' b,u,c,k,s. Bucks! Pony and I headed over to bucks. We entered and walked over to the bar.

"Happy birthday Autumn! Here's your next clue: leave on time." Buck told me. I thanked him and ran out to the lot, pony on my heels. There was a note taped to the old couch. I picked it up.

'Seven old couches sit.' It read. Socs? I guess we have to go to soc territory? We headed that way. When we got to the border of greaser and soc territory, Bob and Randy were standing there, smiling.

"Happy Birthday. Your hint is Heads in little love." Randy told me, smiling. I thanked him and started towards the hill. I picked up the note.

'Hot oranges make eggs.' I laughed a little at that clue. Pony grabbed my hand and we went back to our house. When we stepped in the door, there was a trail of ribbon leading to the kitchen. We got into the kitchen and there were balloons and cake, a pile of presents, and a big pink banner that read 'Happy 15th Autumn!'

My mom, finn, Jack, Emily, Dally, Soda, Johnny, Two-Bit, and Steve all jumped out and yelled, "Happy Birthday Autumn!!" I squealed and my hand flew to my mouth.

"Oh my god! Thank you guys so much!!" I exclaimed, hugging my mom.

"Did you like the scavenger hunt?" Finn asked me.

"I loved it!" I replied, hugging him, then hugging jack. I hugged Two-Bit and he made a joke about me being 15. I hugged Steve, then Johnny.

"Happy Birthday, Autumn Harries." Sodapop joked.

"Thank you Sodapop Curtis." I replied, laughing and hugging him.

"Happy birthday shortie." Dallas teased. I glared at him, earning a smirk. He hugged me and I thanked him. I finally got to Ponyboy.

"Happy Birthday, Autumn." He said, hugging me. I hugged him back tightly, then pulled away and kissed him.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you more." He replied. My mom smiled and everyone oohed and awwed. I blushed.

"Let's get to the presents!" Two-Bit shouted. I giggled and we all sat down in the living room to open presents. I opened jacks first. He got me a grey tank top and a grey tshirt. I unfolded them and my eyes widened. On the front of the tanktop it said 'He's mine' and the tshirt said 'She's mine' and on each, there was a picture of me and pony on the back.

"Jack thanks so much! Oh my god this is too cute!!" I exclaimed, handing the shirt to Ponyboy. He laughed and thanked jack. Next I opened Finns. He got me a laptop! My jaw dropped.

"Oh my god Finn! Thank you!!" I yelled, hugging him. He laughed. I opened my moms next. She got me a camera.

"Thanks mom!" I exclaimed. Next was Johnny's. He got me jean shorts.