Chapter 4

{Time skip 3 months to October 9}

        I was sitting in the living room with Ponyboy, Soda, and Finn, watching tv, when the phone rang. I jumped up and answered it.

        "Hello?" I asked.

        "Hello. Is this Mrs. Harries?" The lady on the other line asked.

        "No she is not home right now. May I take a message?" I replied.

        "Your family is housing Ponyboy Curtis and Sodapop Curtis, am I correct?" She asked.

         "Yes ma'am that's correct." I told her.

         "Well, there's been an incident." She said. My eyebrow raised.

         "What kind of incident?" I asked, looking back at the three boys who were staring at me curiously.

          "Darrel Curtis was involved in a terrorist attack on Flight 167. He has passed away." She explained. My eyes widened and my hand flew to my mouth.

           "Wait are you serious?!" I exclaimed. Now the boys had their full attention on me.

           "Unfortunately I am. I am so sorry for your loss. There will be a court session October 13 to declare custody of the Curtis boys." She said and hung up. The boys were now standing.

            "Autumn what happened?!" Finn questioned. I gulped.

             "It was about D-Darry. H-he was killed in a terrorist attack on his flight home." I told them. They were both in shock, then Soda sat down and started sobbing. Ponyboy just stood there, staring into space, a shocked expression on his face. I walked over to him and hugged him tightly.

            "Ponyboy I'm so sorry." I told him. After a couple seconds, he wrapped his arms around me. I could hear him crying. Finn was trying to comfort Sodapop.

         It's been three hours since we got the news. My mom got home and we told her, along with jack and Emily. We were going to fight for custody of the two boys.

          Today was the court session. I looked in the mirror at my dress. It was mint green and flowy. It went down to my mid thighs and it had a mint green bow in the back. I was wearing black flats and I had a black bow in my hair, which was curled. Ponyboy was wearing black dress pants and a mint green long sleeved dress shirt with a black tie. Sodapop was wearing the same thing, but he had a forest green shirt. Finn was wearing a grey long sleeved dress shirt, Jack was wearing a navy blue one, and they each had dress pants, and my mom was wearing a black pencil skirt and a white sleeveless blouse. The gang came over and we were gonna drive them. They were all wearing long sleeved dress shirts. Dallas was wearing a light blue one with his nicest jeans, Two-Bit was wearing a bright yellow one with dress pants, Steve was wearing a dark purple one with dress pants, and Johnny was wearing a red one with jeans. I knocked on Pony's door and he let me in.

       "You look very beautiful." He told me.

       "And you look very handsome." I replied, sitting on his bed.

       "Are you worried?" I asked him. He shrugged.

       "A little. I think your mom will get custody though." He said. I smiled and nodded. 

       "I hope so." I stated. He agreed with me and we held hands and headed downstairs.

       "Aw you two look so cute!!" My mom cooed, directed towards me and Pony. My mom absolutely adored Ponyboy. He was polite, smart, handsome, kind, loving, dreamy, the list could go on forever. But most of all, she knew he would never hurt me. We all knew that.

         "Aye shrimp ya shoulda worn heels. Maybe you would look sorta talk for once." Dallas commented. I laughed and glared at him, punching him in the arm. He smirked and we all left the house.

        We took our seats in the front pew at the courthouse, and Ponyboy and Sodapop sat up in the stand next to the judge.

        The hearing went by fast, and we were all sitting there, waiting to hear the final decision. Soda and Pony were still upfront. Dallas had his arm around me. Ponyboy looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and blew him a kiss. He laughed. The judge came back out after about 30 minutes. She banged her gavel.

        "By the power invested, the jury has declared that Mrs. Clarissa Harries has full and permanent custody of Sodapop and Ponyboy Curtis." We all cheered and I ran up to Ponyboy and jumped in his arms. He spun me around and held on to me tightly. I smiled into his chest. We pulled apart and I hugged Soda also. I went back to Pony and we intertwined our fingers as we headed back to the pews. Everyone exchanged hugs and handshakes and all that and we headed back to our house.