Chapter 6

"What?!" I screeched. He wasn't supposed to start school for another month or two, and even then, he was in the United States. Finn stirred awake, and realized what was going on. He sat up.

"Autumn-" he began. I interrupted him, sprinting to my room. I slammed the door shut and collapsed onto the bed, sobbing. I heard footsteps, and there was a light knock at my door.

"Autumn? Can I come in?" Finn asked, from the other side of the door. Shoving my head into a pillow, I didn't answer. The door opened slightly. An area of my bed sunk, implying that Finn sat down. He reached over and put his hand on my back, rubbing in calming circles. I couldn't stop crying. I sat up and wrapped my arms around him, tightly, and burying my head in his chest. He held me for what seemed like forever, until I pulled away. I wiped my tears, or at least I tried to.

"I-I-I don't w-want you to leave." I stuttered.

"I know. But this is a big deal for me. You know that, don't you?" He asked, kindly. I nodded.

"Yeah I know. I'm just gonna miss you." I told him.

"I'll write you as often as I can, okay?" He offered. I nodded. He hugged me again. We separated, and walked back out into the living room. Dally, johnny, two-bit, and Steve had gone home. I sat on the couch next to Ponyboy. We all five watched tv for a while, until I decided to go to bed.

"I'm gonna go get some sleep. Goodnight." I announced, hugging Finn, then my mom.

"Yeah I will too." Pony agreed. I smiled and hugged soda, then followed pony up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his room. I smiled, relieved that I wouldn't be alone tonight. We laid down and he wrapped his arms around me, as I drifted off to sleep.

"Hey Autumn. Wake up." Pony woke me up, gently. I sat up slowly and looked at the clock, it was 3:50 am. I jumped up.

"Woah." Pony chuckled slightly. I smiled a little and left the room, pony following me. I walked into the living room, where I saw my mom, soda, and Finn. Finn looked at me and put his bag down. I ran into his arms, crying, and holding on like my life depended on it. We stood there for a couple minutes, until we both pulled away. He looked into my eyes.

"I'll see you soon, Autumn." He told me. He kissed my forehead and turned around, grabbing his bag and leaving the house, the door closing behind him. Pony wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his chest. He walked me to my room and we both laid down again. I cried myself to sleep, slowly.

It was 12:00 when I woke up for a second time. According to soda, Ponyboy went to the movies with Johnny and dally.

It's been four hours and I'm getting scared. I haven't heard from Ponyboy at all. I really hope he's okay. I was sitting on the couch, watching Mickey Mouse, when the phone rang downstairs. I heard footsteps.

"Hello?" My mom answered the phone.

"Yes that's me."

"Wait what?!"

"Where are they?!" She yelled. I ran downstairs.

"Yes well be right there." She said, hanging up.

"Mom what's going on?!" I questioned.

"Ponyboy and Johnny were attacked by some socs and they killed one of them. As of right now, they have no clue as to where they are. They want us down at the station for questioning." She explained. I grabbed my coat and boots and got Sodapop, then followed my mom to the car. We got down to the station and hopped out. My mom signed us in and they took us in individually. I was first.

"Alright, hello. My name is Officer Pete. Name and age?" He asked.

"Autumn Marie Harries. 15." I told him.

"What relation are you to Ponyboy and Johnny?"

"Ponyboy is my boyfriend and he lives with us, along with his brother, Sodapop, and Johnny and I are just friends."

"When did you last see Ponyboy?"

"This morning around 4 am."

"Have you heard anything about them?"

"Nothing at all, sir." I told him.

"Alright. That's all I need. Thank you Autumn." He said.

"Hey, when you find any news, will you tell me? I'm worried sick."

"Well let you know." He said. I nodded and thanked him, then left the room. They took my mom, then Sodapop.

"Alright you guys ready to go?" My mom asked. We nodded and headed out. As we were walking out, Dallas was walking in, led by an officer. He nodded, as to say to hello, as he passed us. We got into the car and headed back to my house. I went into my room and laid down on my bed, sobbing. I miss him. I miss Ponyboy so much, it's crazy. I need him. I sat up and threw on my shoes, heading out the door. I went behind my house to Tulsa County Lake. It was literally in my backyard. It was filthy, though. It was filled with dirt, bugs, and seaweed, and it was a dark green, so barely anyone goes in it. I sat on the hill that slopes into the lake, and I watched as the waves crashed against the pier and the shore. The sun started to set and a tear fell down my cheek as the purple, pink, and orange mist surrounded the bright sun. It reminded me of Ponyboy, and how he watched the sunset almost every night. I started bawling as I was reminded of him. I felt strong arms wrap around me, and at the glimpse of a red plaid sleeve, I knew it was soda. I clung to his shirt and sobbed as he held me.

"I-i miss him soda." I choked out. He rubbed my back in calming circles.

"I know. I do too. But were gonna get through this, alright? They're gonna be okay. They're tough boys." He assured me, soothingly. My tears started to slow, but I was still trembling violently.

"C'mon well get through this. I know Ponyboy misses you too. He doesn't stop talking about you. It's all I hear. Sometimes I just gotta tell him to shut up." Soda told me, chuckling. I laughed and wiped my tears.

"Thanks soda. I love you." I said hugging him.

"I love you too Autumn." He replied.

Its been more than a week and I'm going crazy, so around 1, I decided to head to Bucks. I knew dally had information about pony and Johnny. I walked in, not bothering to knock, and went up to his room, knocking.

"Hey shortie what's up?" Dally greeted me.

"Where are they?" I asked him.

"Who?" He questioned.

"Pony and Johnny." I stated. He didn't answer. He turned around and walked into his room. I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"Please dal! I know you know something and I know you helped them! Please! I miss Ponyboy like crazy. I haven't gotten more than 3 hours of sleep a night, and I've been crying non stop. Please dally. Where are they?" I exclaimed. He sighed, pulling off his shirt.

"Listen Autumn I can't tell anybody anything!" He told me as he picked out a grey tshirt and put it on.

"Dalla-" I started, but was interrupted.

"I said no!!" Dallas yelled, so loud, it scared me. He never raised his voice at me, let alone yelled. I cowered as a tear fell from my eye, followed my more. His expression softened as he came closer to me. He pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around me.

"Kid I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled." He said. We pulled away and I sat on his bed.

"I just really miss him, Dal. I love him. Please. I just need to know that he's okay and not dead on the side of the road. I need to see him. I need him to hold me again." I explained, as tears streamed down my face.

"Aw, c'mon don't cry. I don't like it when you're sad. Alright, ya wanna see em? You can come with me tomorrow morning, ight?" He invited. My head shot up and I jumped on him.

"YES!" I screamed, squeezing the living daylights out of him. He laughed.

"Alright be here at 4!" He told me. I nodded and thanked him, leaving. I walked down the road, a huge smile on my face.