32. Lonely

Anjali looked at her brother and niece. The two were asleep, Arshi cuddled into her father, Arnav holding onto his baby girl. Anjali shut the doors and went rushing to her room. She shut the doors behind her and leaned back against it. She looked at her daughter, who was also taking her afternoon nap, and she went out to the poolside. She sat down on the floor and held herself, thinking back to two years ago.

~

Anjali had a sudden craving for something sour, so she headed towards the kitchen to get some achar. As she waddled towards the kitchen, being six months pregnant, she heard someone gasp. She glanced up and saw her Chote, encasing Khushi against the wall, her eyes wide.

"Arnavji, let me go," she said.

"Did you really think I was going to spare you," Arnav smirked.

Khushi gulped and bit her lip.

Arnav reached up and freed it. "Now, now, don't bite that lip of yours. That's my job," he winked.

Khushi blushed and Anjali smiled sadly. Leaving the two behind, she entered the kitchen and sighed. Even after everything that had happened, Anjali missed Shyam. She still couldn't accept what he had done to her brother. The Shyam she knew would never have done such a thing! He was sweet, loving, and caring. How could that kind of man do something as cruel as kidnapping her brother?

Anjali wiped the tear that had escaped from her eyes. She looked up and saw that the jar of achar was up on one of the shelves. She tried to reach up for it, but she couldn't reach it. She tried again, going up on her tiptoes, but she still couldn't get it.

Anjali sighed exasperatedly. She really wanted achar, especially since her eyes had landed on it and her craving had increased.

Anjali reached up once more, but once again, she couldn't get it. She stomped like a little girl and pouted. Suddenly, someone reached up from behind her and she turned around to see who it was.

It was Aman.

As Aman brought the jar down, Anjali leaned back against the counter. Truth be told, Anjali had always found Aman attractive. When she had first met him, it was her first thought of him. But then she had met Shyam, and she never thought of Aman in that way again. But for some reason, now that Shyam was gone, old feelings had begun to rise.

"Here you go," Aman smiled softly.

Anjali took the jar. "Thank you," she nearly whispered.

Anjali moved away and opened up the jar. The second she did, she could think of nothing else but of the achar. She dipped her finger in and licked it clean, letting out a moan.

"Oh god," she cried out.

As soon the words left her mouth and she had heard herself, she shut her eyes and bit her lip. The way she had spoken, it was as if she was being sexually pleasured. Glancing back at Aman, she found him grinning, looking down, trying but miserably failing to hide the grin.

Embarrassed, Anjali quickly left the kitchen.

*~*

At seven months pregnant, Anjali was more emotional than ever. She missed Shyam, but at the same time, she hated him. She felt deceived and her heart hurt. In such a time like this, she hated being alone. She wanted her husband by her side - the husband she knew and fell in love with, the husband that showered her with love and only cared for her.

However, he no longer existed. The reasonable side of Anjali tried to explain that to her, and with each step she took forward to accepting that, she would go back two steps. Part of her only understood the man that she had fallen in love with, and that was it.