12. You Should Have Told Me

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Khushi lied.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about,” Arnav said, and he walked over to her. “That’s my daughter.”

“No she’s not!”

“Khushi, don’t lie! Try as hard as you want, but her eyes,” he said, pointing at Arshi, “tells me everything.”

Khushi knew that was true and she couldn’t deny it. Arshi’s eyes were basically Arnav’s eyes, and the two were currently looking at each other. Arshi reached out to Arnav and he took her before Khushi could react.

“How could you hide this from me,” Arnav asked. “Did it ever come across your mind to tell me?! She’s my daughter, yet I didn’t even know! Let alone that, I didn’t even know I am a father! How could you hide this from me? How could you even hide the fact that she has a dad-!”

"Because I can! What do you think? That I was gonna call you and tell you that I was pregnant?! After everything that happened, you think I would tell you? No way! After everything that happened, I could never do that.”

“That was selfish-”

Selfish? I was being selfish? No, no, no, no, no. I… I was being smart. What do you think? That if I told you, you’d take me back and I’d forget everything? Never! What you did hurt me a lot… not like you care,” and Khushi teared up, her tears hot and filled with anger.

“Khushi-“

But Khushi put her hand up. “Baas Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada,” and she grabbed Arshi out of his hands.

Arshi begam to cry and reached for Arnav, but Khushi continued to walk away. Arnav reached out, but they were already up the steps.

“Arshi,” Arnav called out, but the two went inside, Arshi still crying. He brought his arm back in and clenched his fist.

Khushi went back in, grabbed Soniya’s arm and told her that they were going home. Soniya simply agreed and didnt say anything until they were back.

“What happened,” Soniya asked.

“Laad governor happened, that’s what!”

“What?”

Khushi sighed. Seriously, even she has to talk like him? …whatever! “I found Arshi in Arnav’s arms.”

Soniya widened her eyes. Khushi let out a deep sigh and continued.

“I was so close! I spilled that she’s my daughter and nearly walked away but….” Khushi let out a deep groan. “Just when I was about to get away, he called out and… he figure out that Arshi is his daughter….”

“What?!”

Khushi nodded and looked at Arshi. Arshi had cried herself to sleep and Khushi felt bad.

“I’m sorry Arshi,” Khushi said quietly, “but I’m doing this for your own good.”