17. Let The Games Begin

While Khushi was plotting, Nani had gotten up because Laxmi’s cloth came off, and she was busy chasing after her.

Perfect, Khushi thought.

The only ones left at the table was her, Arnav, Arshi, Mama, and Mami. Mama and Mami finished up and Mama got a call. He excused himself and took his call and Mami got up saying “hello, hi, bye, bye. Excuje me,” and left.

Even better.

Khushi slipped her foot out of her sandals and slowly ran her foot up along Arnav’s leg. Arnav’s eyes widened and Khushi withdrew her foot. He looked at her and saw that she was calm, putting in a spoon of kheer in her mouth, looking away from him.

What the, Arnav thought, but he shrugged it off.

He went back to his sugar-less kheer and Khushi looked at him from the corner of her eyes. She ran her foot up along Arnav’s leg again and Arnav dropped his spoon, his mouth full of kheer. As funny as it was, Khushi held back and ran her other foot up his other leg.

He looked at her and she continued to have her kheer as she ran her foot up and down along his leg, withdrawing her other foot.

Seriously Khushi, I’d rather have you entirely than just your foot running up and down on my leg.

She continued to tease him, Arnav half enjoying it and half not. She gave him a look and he looked at her in confusion. She bit her lip and winked at him, which made him shut his mouth and widen his eyes.

Nani and Anjali came back and sat down and had their kheer.

“Kya huwa Chote,” Anjali asked. “You look-”

“No Di, I’m fine,” he replied, in a cool tone.

Thought so, Khushi thought to herself.

But Arnav wasn’t letting go so easily. He slipped his shoe off and slipped his foot up her leg. Khushi had her spoon in her mouth, and she froze, her eyes widening by the second.

“Khushi betiyan,” Nani began, “aap tik hain na?”

“Huh,” was all she could say.

“Is everything alright, Khushiji,” Anjali asked.

No, she wanted to say. “It’s okay, everything is fine,” she lied, in the best way possible, not letting them figure her out.

They just smiled lightly and nodded.

Khushi looked at Arnav, while he continued to eat. He moved his foot higher, higher than Khushi had gone. She moved her leg a bit and she crossed her leg.

Ha, can’t get me now, she thought.

Arnav nudged his phone (already on the table), purposely, and it fell. He bent to the side to pick it up and put on his shoe.

Everyone finished up their kheer and they sat down in the living room. It was getting late and Khushi decided to leave. She went up to Payal’s and Akash’s room and hugged Payal goodbye.

Khushi betiyan,” Nani said, “please come again.”

Khushi couldn’t say no to Nani, and she knew that, but yet she had still asked. Khushi didn’t want to ever come back to the house and now? She sighed and nodded but Nani didn’t approve it. She said that Khushi had to come on Friday afternoon, along with Arshi, and Khushi agreed and said she would bring Arshi with her. They still had a lot of catching up to do.