25. Inner War

"What the hell?! Khushi are you serious," Soniya exclaimed.

It was like the umpteenth time that Khushi had heard this. "Yes!"

"This is beyond wrong!"

Khushi leaned back against the counter. "I don't care," she said, crossing her arms.

Soniya opened her mouth to say something, but she immediately shut it and left the room. Khushi was grateful she had finally stopped it because it irked her. Suddenly, Khushi heard Arshi cry out. Khushi left to her room and picked Arshi up.

"Good morning baby," Khushi gushed. "Or should I say good afternoon," and she pecked her cheek.

Arshi itched her eyes and rested her head on her mother's shoulder. Khushi went to the bathroom and washed Arshi up. When she came out and headed into the living room, Khushi yelped. Sitting on the sofa was none other than Arnav Singh Raizada.

"What are you doing here," Khushi exclaimed.

Arnav stood up. "Well, since Arshi is also my daughter, I have a right over her as well."

"So... what do you want me to do?"

Arnav held his hands out to Arshi, and Arshi lifted her head from her mother's shoulder and reached out to Arnav. Arnav took her in his arms and held his baby girl close to him. Arshi had her arms wrapped around Arnav's neck, her head resting against his shoulder.

"She just woke up," Arnav questioned.

"Yeah. She must be hungry so I'm gonna go get her bottle," and Khushi left the room.

When she got to the kitchen, Khushi felt a feeling course through her. Seeing the two together reminded her of her and her Babuji when she was little. She remembered the time she had told him that she would never leave him and that no daughter should be split from her father.

And yet here she was, doing exactly what she was against.

Khushi hadn't realized that a tear had escaped, so she quickly wiped it away. She came back out to see Arnav and Arshi playing "Peek-A-Boo", and Arshi was laughing hysterically.

Khushi felt her heart pit, but she went ahead and gave Arshi the bottle. Arnav had Arshi lean back and Arshi rested her head against her father's chest. Arnav held her securely and gazed at his daughter.

Arshi being the smart baby she is, took her bottle out of her mouth and held her bottle out to Arnav. As Arnav took the bottle, Khushi was about to scold Arshi, when Arshi held his hand and guided the bottle back into her mouth. Arnav smiled, totally understanding his daughter's intention and fed her.

Khushi had to hold back her tears and began to question herself. Was she being selfish, taking Arshi away from her father? But she couldn't leave her daughter behind! Arshi was her life now!

"Oh yeah, the reason why I came," Arnav said.

Khushi snapped back to reality. "What?"

"I'm taking Arshi out tomorrow."

"Why?"

"To spend the day."

"You said taking like its confirmed."

"It is."

"But-"

"I said it was okay," Soniya said as she came in to the room.

"What-"

"You have a meeting and then you said you were going to visit your parents."

Khushi went dumb. "Oh... okay." She looked at Arnav. "Fine."