24. Let Go

Arnav peeked into the studio and saw that Khushi was working. She looked so focused, Arnav had to debate on whether or not if he should go in. In the end, he decided to and he went in.

"Hi Arnav," Khushi said, her back faced to him.

How does she know, Arnav wondered.

I just do, Khushi said in her head.

"Hey," Arnav replied. "How's the work going?"

"Not bad. Should be done soon."

Khushi placed her pins down and took a sip of her coffee. Arnav couldn't bare the silence, so he spoke.

"Khushi, we need to talk."

She looked away. "What for?"

"Khushi, you know."

"No, I don't," she tried to play off, which was pissing Arnav off. Arnav went over to her and turned her around, trapping her by placing his hands on the table by her sides.

"Khushi, don't give me the crap! You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Arnav-"

"No Khushi! Enough is enough!"

"Arnav let me go-"

"NO! NO I WON'T LET YOU GO!" He cupped her face and Khushi was in shock by his words. "I will NEVER let you go."

Khushi pushed his hands away. "It's too late for that."

"Khushi-"

"No Arnav! Okay? It's too late for that! You already-!"

"No Khushi-"

"Arnav please, don't make it anymore difficult than it is."

"Difficult? Khushi, you're making this difficult!"

"How-?"

"Because I want you! I miss you! I need you! I want you back!"

Khushi was shocked.

"For crying out loud, I LOVE YOU DAMMIT!"

Khushi was in shock. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. But she shook her head. "No... no Arnav, this can't... no."

He cupped her face again. "Why Khushi? Why?"

Because I don't want my heart broken again, she thought. "Because I hate you."

"Khushi-"

"I hate you Arnav! I hate you!"

Her eyes swelled with tears. Arnav shook head, gesturing her not to cry. But Khushi broke a tear anyways and it went down her cheek. Arnav felt bad and went to wipe it away, but Khushi released herself and wiped it on her own. She turned away to calm herself and Arnav moved away.

All of a sudden, she was pulled around and Arnav cupped her cheeks and kissed her. Khushi looked at him in shock, her eyes wide, but then her eyes drifted shut. Khushi relaxed, feeling the once familiar lingering feeling that she loved oh so much. Arnav nipped her lip and Khushi gasped, giving Arnav access to enter his tongue. Their tongues danced a crazy waltz and Khushi wanted more. She pulled him in by his waistcoat and wrapped her arms around his neck. Arnav didn't hesitate and moved closer. Khushi let a moan out from her throat and Arnav kissed her down to her throat, moving to her neck.

"Arnav," Khushi moaned.

Arnav sucked and bit her flesh really hard and Khushi grasped onto his hair, and pulled him away. She covered his lips with hers and kissed him wildly. Arnav responded and slid his hands under her blouse. Khushi ran her hands down to his waistcoat and unbuttoned it. Arnav was too caught off and she roamed her hand up to his shirt. She began to unbutton his shirt and Arnav realized.