Chapter 14: Almost New Years

The days leading up to New Years kept getting better and better. So much good things happened, it was a perfect week. I met some of Sadie's friends during the week, surprisingly they were all older than all of us and either seniors in high school or just starting college.the ones i seen her hang around most frequently were: Bobby and Emily. I met Emily first, Sadie had invited me over to her house to play a few games, along with Chi, it had kinda been like a girls night out. Me and Ems, that is what I call her now, exchanged numbers after that and kept in touch, I even added her to the group chat shared between all of us. Bobby on the other hand, I had hardly talked to. It seemed like there was bad history between him and Ems, Sadie lectured me for almost 30 minutes, telling me to stay out of it. 

And so I did.

Then there was Taliyah, who happened to already have met Sadie before she joined in our circle of friends. We would always joke about what to call her, hence I called her Tallie, Sadie called her Tal, and Mia called her Liyah.

There was now  a bunch more people in our circle than when it first started off with me, Nick and Nat. There were my old friends, whom were also in the group and of course, Sadie, Eli, Chris, Emily, Taliyah and Mia. It was perfect.

Sadie continuously ranted on about how much she loved Aaron to Mia, Eli, Emily, Nat and I. It almost made us single people feel bad. So we sometimes went to parties and hunted for boyfriends for each other, it was fun. Mia met some really cool guy from another school nearby ours at a party. His name was Dan. She was obviously heads over heels in love with him, I was happy for her.

"Do I look like Daniel's baby?" She asks beaming as she came to school with, what I know, one of his hoodies on.

We all just chuckle and nod, making her even more content.

"I bet by the end of this month she's going to start calling him Danny." Sadie said smirking.

Mia blushed a light shade of red before shaking her head, "No, I'm not like you and Ari." Sh says rolling her eyes.

I had felt lonely for a while that week. Everyone seemed to be in love and taken, gushing about their boyfriends. Sometimes I would even have to go out alone since everyone else was busy with their significant others. There was a lit party that was supposed to be happening at a house nearby our school. A lot of people from our school would be there I heard, even if it was thrown by some guy from another school. Me being me, I decided to go out instead of talking to Nick again, I'm sure it probably annoyed Nat that I interrupted their alone time.

I sigh putting down my book and slip out of my bed, walking over to my closet. I glance at the time. It was 6:30. I'm sure if I hurried I could still get ready in time for Ems to pick me up. She was single just like me and probably as bored.

"We could find our perfect pairs or something there Ambrosia! Just think about it, I'll pick you up at 7 so we can go." She had said begging me to come with her.

I had agreed, but staring at my closet now, I almost didn't know what to wear. After a good ten minutes of staring and digging into my closet, I find a short black dress with whit polka-dots in the back. It used to be a bit baggy when I first got it but now it fit perfectly, showing off my curves in all the right ways. It was exactly 7:00 when I had finished my makeup and hair. Looking in the mirror, I whistled, I would date myself right now. I seen Ems car roll up after a few minutes and I carefully snuck out and got into her car. My parents would kill me if they woke up to find me going out, especially in my current outfit.

~

30 minutes into the party and I was already worn out from all the dancing I did. With these heels on, I'm surprised I've been able to for this long. I sat by the kitchen counter, which, even though it wasn't empty, was the probably the least crowded room in the house. I sighed while twirling my drink around in my hand, how stupid could I be, to think I would actually find someone here.

That's it. I'll just go back home. I don't know why but my mood just went from 100 to 0. All I have to do is find Ems and tell her not to wait for me when she's finished. I got up a little to quickly from my seat then I should've and it felt like my head was swirling round in circles. I felt myself stumble and prepared to hit the ground but instead I hit something else. Something much softer.

My hands feel around for a couple of seconds and then realization hits me.

"Uhh..." He say awkwardly.

Oh my god. I was just feeling around his chest... My face was as red as a tomato.

I quickly pushed myself off of him and apologized...I don't know how many times.

"I'm so sorry."

"That's okay, it happens sometimes." He says scratching the back of his neck. "I hope you aren't hurt." His smile was so bright...and cute.

I blushed and looked away from him, "I'm fine, although I should be the one to ask you that, I am the one who fell into you after all."

"Oh! That? Don't worry about me." He says chuckling, "What's your name anyway?"

"Oh its uhh...my name.." What's this? I'm stumbling over my words and forgetting my own name?

"My name's Ambrosia, but my bestie calls me Sia, and if you want you can call me Amber...or Rose." I blurt

He laughs and his smile just widens, "Well aren't you cute? I think I'll just call you Ambrosia."

"Oh. Well okay! What's your name?"

"Sam...Its nice to meet you."

"Likewise, Thanks for...catching me Sam."

"Were you going to leave just then?" He asks now both of us walking elsewhere in the house.

"Well yes, but it seems I can't find my friend." I say sighing.

"I could give you a ride home!" He says, his eyes lighting up.

"Uh don't take any offence but I don't really know you."

"Well doesn't that go for everyone here? Besides I promise I won't do you any harm. I haven't even drank a single thing tonight."

"Well when you put it that way..."

"So that means you'll let me take you home?" He asks he almost looked like a happy kitten that just found its way home. He was so...cute.

"Sure Sam. Thank you for offering, I don't know what I'd do without you."

He chuckles, "So then I'm like you're knight in shining armor?"

"Woah slow down a bit there, I don't think its that serious but I'm grateful." I say nodding.

And he took me home that night, we talked all the car ride home. Exchanged numbers and everything. When we got to my house he looked like he was bummed out to be honest.

"I hope I see you again Ambrosia." He says smiling.

"Me too." I say blushing.

"Can I..." He says coming closer to me, we were now just a few inches apart, and I could feel the tension growing. His lips were so close to mine, I almost felt like pulling him towards me.

No. I couldn't. If I wanted any type of relationship with him, this would have to wait. I moved away from him and it got awkward for a minute.

"I want to, but let's save that huh?" I ask hopeful.

"So you'll go on a date with me?"

"Sure."

"I can't wait Ambrosia..."

"You have my number." I say getting out of the car. "Call me."

TOODLES ~

I ENDED IT V AWKWARDLY OR SMTHN IDK...AM SORRY FOR THE LOOOONG WAIT IN UPDATING. TSK TSK LIFE PROBLEMS GET IN THE WAY. BESIDES THE GIRL THIS BOOK IS BASED ON AHEM AHEM CANT STOP GUSHING ABT HIM.  Alright

hope you all enjoyed.

please comment and vote. again sorry.

love yall <333