Chapter 15- Small Leak, Big Problem

Chapter 15

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"Shut up!" A very pissed off Blake hissed at an annoying Mark.

Washington wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I haven't been hit by anything yet like a tree branch or an assassin so: so far, so good. We were currently sitting in a car with Blake behind the wheel. In other words: we were lost.

"Well how long is this going to take?" Mark whined. "We've been driving for ages."

"We're lost." I stated.

"No, we're not." Said Blake weakly.

"Yes, we are. Blake, you've always been directionally challenged." I countered.

"She's right you know." Mark backed me up with a pout.

"How did you know that?" Charlie asked suspiciously.

"We wouldn't be lost if you just let us navigate, Blake." Carina jumped in to change the subject. "We are the ones with GPS."

"She's right you know." Mark backed Carina up with another pout.

"Shut up Mark." Blake said exasperated.

"No. You got us lost." Mark countered.

"We're not lost!" Blake tried again.

"We are."

"We are not."

"Are."

"Not."

"Are."

"Not."

"Are we there yet?"

"No!"

"Then we're lost."

"I am going to kil-"

Just as Blake was about to finish his sentence, the car's engine began to splutter in a very worrying way.

"Crap." I said as Blake pulled over to the side of the road. "Crap, crap, crap."

The car spluttered to its death just as we reached the side of the road. I jumped out onto the sidewalk and ran around the front of the car while yelling at Blake to pop the hood.

I didn't need any more confirmation other than the white smoke billowing out of the engine to tell me that we were screwed. What was probably a simply leak would take shop to fix. There was no way we were driving any further tonight.

I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands.

"Look. There's a bar around the corner. Why don't we call a cab and wait for it there." Carina suggested.

Everyone agreed and left for the bar. All but Charlie who stayed behind to call for the cab.

I watched as the others walked ahead of me before I turned to Charlie.

"Do you like Carina?" I asked the shocked brunette in front of me.

Charlie shifted on his feet. "Ya sure, she's a great friend."

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I don't think I do." He said, faking stupidity.

"She likes you." I stated.

"Really?" He said while a huge grin lit up his face. "Why didn't she tell me?"

"The same reason why you're not telling her about your feelings." I said just as a tow truck was pulling up. "I'm going inside. See you in there?"