Pulling on his new jacket over a thick sweater, Alwynn fixed his hair in the mirror, hoping his appearance wasn't too shambolic. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs, collecting his boots and lacing them over a pair of pinkish fluffy socks that Vant would not ever see. He might be nicer than most but Alwynn had a feeling there would still be some teasing about his preference of colour.

"Sit," Vant ordered, facing away from Alwynn as he cooked something on the stove.

"I said I'd eaten, didn't you hear me?" Alwynn said with a small frown, walking around to see what Vant was cooking. French toast, God, the smell was mouthwatering. Unbelievably attractive and the man could cook? Alwynn wasn't sure what he had done to deserve such a wonderful being, practically an angel walking the earth.

"You might be able to fool everyone else but I can tell when you're lying," Alwynn felt his cheeks heat the second Vant's gaze met his, "go sit," Alwynn pouted, settling himself at the dining table and watching Vant whilst he cooked.

"Do your parents often leave you on your own on the weekends?" Vant inquired, placing the plate of french toast in front of Alwynn and sitting opposite him.

"Yeah, I don't really mind though, I would prefer them to be away than here right now. They'll do much more good elsewhere," Alwynn took a bite of the toast, "thank you, this is amazing, but aren't you gonna have some?" Alwynn had expected Vant to make himself something and eat with him, come to think of it, he had never seen Vant eat anything before.

"I had something at home, I'm not hungry," Alwynn didn't want to press the issue, having had people pester him about his eating habits and hating every moment, "can you cook?"

"Yeah, it was the only thing I was good at in school."

"Why don't you then?" Alwynn tilted his head to the side a little, not really understanding where Vant's question was coming from, "you clearly haven't eaten this morning, why didn't you cook yourself something?"

"Wasn't hungry," Alwynn hoped his darkened expression would be enough to ward off Vant's interrogation.

"You ate what I made you pretty fast, you must have been," Vant's voice didn't hold any judgement or insistence, it was closer to mere curiosity. Still, Alwynn wasn't comfortable with the topic and remained silent, taking his empty plate to the sink.

"You'll get better quicker if you eat regularly, y'know?" scowling at his plate whilst he dried it, Alwynn stayed quiet, "but I suppose..." Alwynn flinched when Vant's voice was suddenly right behind him, almost dropping the plate, "if you only eat for me, it gives me a good excuse to come over here and see you more often," Alwynn could feel the heat radiating from Vant's body right behind him, the temptation to lean back against his hardened chest almost too much. All he had to do was turn, lean up a little and their lips would meet. Alwynn wouldn't have to verbalise any feelings, he could show them instead, which somehow seemed a thousand times less daunting.

"We should get going," Vant whispered, pressing a chaste kiss to the top of Alwynn's head and stepping away from the boy. What a missed opportunity.

"Y-Yeah, of course," Alwynn wished his voice hadn't wavered so much, maybe his nerves wouldn't have been so noticeable then. He placed the plate back in the cupboard and followed Vant to the front door, smiling slightly when he noticed the man seemed to remember where Alwynn put everything. Locking the door behind the two, Alwynn pocketed his keys, getting in the passenger seat of Vant's range rover, having to keep reminding himself that they were not going on a date.

"What do you do for work?" Alwynn caught Vant's gaze for a second before it flickered back to the road ahead.