25. Back On Track {Part 2}

Start from the beginning

I'm really catching a whole 5 hour flight to get Rai' to pay my ass some mind. Shit crazy.

"I've been told. She's not expecting you to come out here." She told me what I already knew. "More reason for me to come. I'ma stay at a hotel though, I'on wanna be in ya spot." I told her. She just moved and she had a family. "You are not paying for a hotel when I have more than enough room. My fiancée will be fine." She insisted. "You sure?" I checked again.

"I promise I'm sure. Now, don't get lost when you get out here. We're club hopping too so, I'll just let you know where we end up last." She laughed. "Gotchu. I'ma get a hotel for a few hours though so I can change and allat." I told her. "That's fine. You can drop your stuff at my house, I'll call Lance and let him know." She told me before we ended the call. I still had some time before I had to board so I was gon' chill and listen to my music until then.

5 1/2 Hours Later.

"Good looking." I thanked the Uber driver as I pulled up to Saire's house. Her shit looked nice on the outside, I can only imagine what the inside looked like. "No problem. Enjoy your night." I closed the door and headed up the driveway. Making it to the door, I lifted my bag on my shoulder and knocked.

"What's up man? Lance." Her fiancé greeted as he opened the door for me. "Jah, wassgood?" I dapped him. "Ain't much, daddy duty. Lacee' had a nap so I'm in here trying to keep her energy low." He chuckled. "Uh, Sarai's things are upstairs in the room if you want to take yours up." He offered. "Yeah, that's cool. Which way?" I asked as he pointed me in the right direction. I thanked him and made my way up, taking in the house as I passed. They was living right.

Before I put my things in the closet, I made sure to grab my weed first. I snuck this shit on the plane in the bottom of my deodorant. Couldn't travel without the weed, especially cus' I ain't have no connect out here. Good thing I had my boarding pass and allat, I just had to go through TSA. I only had one bag too, so I was good.

"Nice spot! I can't wait to get my own shit." I complimented as I came back downstairs. "Thanks. You looking to move out here?" He asked. "Nah, not right now. I'm looking to move into a house though. Quick. I been saving up." I told him. "It's some nice places in New York. I have a few friends if you're looking." He offered. "That'a be cool. Reasonable? I'm tryna get out the hood." I chuckled a bit. "Oh yeah! They have nice spots out there...just depends on what you're looking for." He said to me.

I wasn't tryna go big right now until I got my money up and possibly had a family. I just wanted enough space for Corey. He needed his own room and I needed mine back. Preferably a three bedroom for when Lex came over. I just need something different. A place I could really fix up and paint. "Options are everywhere. I'll give you a few numbers. You hungry? I got drinks too." He offered. "Nah, I'ma wait. Can I smoke though?" I asked. "Out back only, my wife would have a fit." I chuckled. "Rai' hate that shit too." I mentioned. "Trouble in paradise, huh?" He grabbed a beer from the fridge and led me out back.

"Something like that...just not used to dealing with her. A woman like her..." Saying it aloud made it real for me. I always said I wasn't used to Rai' but after a few days of really thinking and sorting shit out, I could truly see that. I wasn't used to a woman tryna build me up and make me better. I wasn't used to a woman being in my corner no matter what. I was in a toxic ass relationship for like four years, so that's what I expect. I didn't want that shit though so that's why I was tryna get what me and Rai' had back on track.

"It's always that one that comes along and makes you want to change everything. They mature way before we do anyway so that's part of it. The other part of it is knowing what you have." He was spitting game. He was probably a few years older than me but he knew what it was. "Yeah, that's why I'm out here. Real shit, I'on like to fly but I felt like I had to." I admitted. Sarai' ass was gon' keep this petty shit up until she felt like she wanted to stop. I ain't have time for that shit, so here I was.