Merthur

HEY YOU! Yeah, I'm talkin' to you.

You like Merlin? You like Arthur? You like Merlin kissing Arthur?

WELL SO DO I!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a list of some of my all time favorite Merthur fanfics, who wrote them, and where you can find it! (This is in no particular order of favoritism)

1.) Crown of the Summer Court by astolat (AO3)

Rating: PG13

Summary: The Summer Court of the Sidhe come to Camelot. Arthur and Merlin compete for the Sidhe crown and along the way, fall not a little bit in love with each other.

My Thoughts: I freaking love this one! I found this on multiple Merthur master lists, and I am so glad I ran into it. Check out astolats others works as well, they are AMAZING at what they do!

2.) Mad Mistletoe by TheFandomsThatWaited (Wattpad)

Rating: Mature

Summary: Merlin gets cursed by a witch, and Arthur has to help him recover. This is a story of how a simple Christmas tradition became deadly, and how our boys realized their feelings for each other. 

My Thoughts: This one is super cute. Arthur acts like a love sick school girl and it's great. This fic is really well written, and it's really worth reading if you're a Merthur fan.

3.) Our love is infinite-Merthur by merthurx (Wattpad)

Rating: Teen

Summary: Arthur finally realizes he's in love with his manservant. Merlin builds up the courage to tell Arthur his secret.

My Thoughts: I've read this fic around 3 times. I really like the story, and it's one of my all time favorite Merthur fics on Wattpad. Truly awesome!

4.) Wouldn't You Want to know by Merlinstories (Wattpad)

Rating: Teen - Mature (it's kind of subjective, idk)

Summary: Modern Merlin AU where Merlin is a regular teenager by day and a magical bad ass vigilante by night. Arthur is a rich kid trying to get through high school. And then they meet. 

My Thoughts: MMMMMMMMMMM! It's a goodie that's for sure. Gwen and Morgana have their adorable moments, and Merlin is a VERY good boy. The writing is interesting and it was fun to read. I should know, I've read it twice XD. Some trigger warnings, but nothing too bad I don't think.

5.) Merthur. Dreams coming true  ✔by TildeLvberg (Wattpad)

Rating: PG

Summary: Merlin and Arthur are in love with each other, but are to scared to admit it to each other. Arthur is afraid of being judged by his kingdom, and Merlin is afraid about keeping his secret hidden.

My Thoughts: Read it. Just read it. I think this was one of the first Merthur fanfictions I read when I was but a small grasshopper. Worth the all-nighter I pulled reading the whole thing in one go.

6.) Of Swords and Warlords by Jae's Stories (fanfiction.net) 

Rating: Teen

Summary: Merlin, Arthur and the Knights are kidnapped by an aging warlord, but what's his end goal and why does he only seem interested in questioning Merlin?

My Thoughts: I love me some magic reveals!  This one handles it beautifully, and I freaking love looking back and rereading everyone's reactions to Merlin's magic (especially our oblivious Arthur). Check it out, it's good!

7.) Merthur One Shots by Chess-chwan (Wattpad) 

Rating: Teen

Summary: It's a one shot book, so anything and everything Merthur!

My Thoughts: This is my all time favorite one-shot book period. I love every chapter because it's always full of emotions and an interesting plot no matter how short. Some of Chess-chwan's shots even inspired me to write my own multi-chapter Merthur fic that I'm currently working on. If you don't think you're into one-shot books, give this one a chance, because I was one of you, and then this showed up in my recommended list!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it! Of course there's many more, and I'll make another Merthur chapter in the future, but here are some of my favorites! Luv you!

-Marty