4: STRIKE 2- GAJEEL & LUCY

Gray and Levy dashed out of the guild after that small session of indirectly making him jealous by Natsu.

Mira informed them to leave for the job after 2 hours as requested by the client.

In the mean time, Gajeel thought of writing new song for his performance and Lucy was simply spacing out.

'Yo Bunny girl!! Why wearing such a long face? Are you feeling scared that Juvia might become your love rival huh!!! Gihehe.. gihehe...'

Lucy became flustered due to embrassement and said, 'No what are you talking about??' She totally denied the fact.

'No I could see you have being like this ever since your salamander told her to address with "sama". There is no need to worry about them, especially Juvia would never become your love rival.' Gajeel added.

'I know. You say Gajeel, Are you okay with Gray and Levy-chan going together on a job.' Now Lucy had that smirk on her face. Gajeel remained stoic.

'Its her wish to whether go with him or not. I have no say in this. Moreover, why would I be jealous of them. I have known that the Stripper has feelings for Juvia.'

Lucy asked him this question which made him to think hard, 'what if Levy-chan develops feelings for certain ice devil-slayer instead of iron Dragon-slayer?'
This made Gajeel feel paranoid.

After 2 hours

While on their way to the assigned place, they saw Levy and Gray sitting in a cafe and holding hands. Lucy was the one to notice them first and showed Gajeel the same.

'Nah!! Gajeel, isn't that Levy and why is she and Gray holding hands?' Seeing the sight before him, Gajeel was shocked and speechless and his brain began to repeat the question which Lucy asked him.

'Come Gajeel, let's go find out what's happening over there?' Lucy was stopped by a hold on her shoulder and Gajeel had the expression which Lucy could not apprehend whether he was sad, angry or jealous.

'Let's go, we don't have time for this.'

After watching Levy at the cafe, Gajeel and Lucy headed towards the newly opened cafe where their assistance was required.

It took them sometime to reach the said place. So Lucy was thinking of starting the conversation as she could see the rather unexplained expression on his face.

~Lucy... over...over... it's me Mira. So did you people run into Levy.. what's our Iron dragons reaction? Begin to question him on it....over..over..~

'So Gajeel what do you think they were talking about?' Lucy was scared of asking him as let out a scary aura.

'I don't know what shit they were talking. I don't give a damn about it. Besides its none of my business to interfere in their conversation.'

Truth to be told Gajeel could have heard what they were chatting but the blow which he received by looking at the them was unexpected and he lost his senses for brief moment.

When they reached the cafe, the owner greeted them and gave their costume and showed them the centre stage.

Lucy was wearing belly dancer dress (the one which she was wearing in dragoncry movie,I guess) and Gajeel was wearing the white tux with navy blue tie.

And they began their performance, after 1 hour they had a short break. While getting down from the stage, suddenly the chandelier broke and was gonna fall on Lucy.

Gajeel noticed this and leapt to protect her from the harm. After the commotion, Gajeel noticed that his face was on her bossoms. He began to blush furiously and asked sorry to her and frantically got up and helped her also.

~Lucy!!!Are you alright? I guess you are. Well Lucy this is your chance, now thank him by giving him a hug and smile that you usually give Natsu.. Hurry up...over...over..~

Now it was Lucy's turn to blush. But nevertheless, she did and which left Gajeel shocked.
'Thank you Gajeel, for saving me..' And gave him the Lucy smile.

Little did they know, Natsu and Levy were watching from outside the window. 'Hey Natsu!! Don't take that in wrong way. I'm sure something might have happened.'

Natsu gritted his teeth and clenched his fist seeing that his Lucy was giving her trademark smile and hug to some other man.

'Its okay Bunny girl. I just helped a comrade of mine who happens to be my shrimp's best friend.' He then let go of her hold and let out his usual 'gihehe'.

Both of them realised something from his sentence. 'Hey Gajeel!! What do you mean by "My shrimp"?'

Hearing this both Gajeel and Levy where blushing, one out of embrassement and one out of shyness.

~Lucy!! I think you should change your clothes and get ready. Leave now.~

After she left, Natsu, Happy and Levy entered the cafe. As soon as Levy saw him, she hugged him tightly and began to cry.

'I think I have done my job of handing over her to you. Now excuse me, I need to make somethings clear with my princess.' Natsu gave his signature toothy grin and went towards the locker room.

~Erza, its me Mira. What happened? Why is Natsu with Levy? And where are Gray and Juvia? Answer me...over...over..~

~Mira!! Hope everything over there is fine. Here, it went according to the plan but suddenly those two took off and I chose not to follow them...over.....over...~

~It kinda derailed from my plan but nevertheless, it was successful in the end, I guess. Now the lovely couples are together, after this event, its about time they will be official soon ....over...over...~

~Okay Mira, let's catch up in the guild soon.. bye.~

After knowing that her plan kinda worked. She went to meet the owner of the cafe,
'Thank you so much, Mr.Williams. I owe you so much. As I said, I will help you in the promotion of your cafe throughout the Fiore. It's kind of you to help me achieve my plans.'

'Its okay. Mirajane, if you just keep your words, that's enough. And cost of that broken chandelier is around 2,00,000J so pay for that.'

After that she left the cafe along with Lily and Happy. On the way Mira inquired what exactly happened in the fishing spot.

Happy began to laugh out loud, 'Its the best thing Gray has done in his life.'

Author Note:

Next Chapter: Nalu and Gale confession

I decided to dedicate an entire chapter on Gruvia after this.
So Stay Tuned...😊😊🤗🤗

Do vote and leave your valuable comments. 🤗🤗