Chapter 25: The Final Moment

A/N - FINALLY! WE ARE HERE! After making SEVEN versions of this chapter and starting over on all of them, I wrote the final draft! This takes place a month or two prior, before the events that are taking place in chapter 24. Next chapter will resume from there.

This is the day of the most recent gathering that happened between Jiraiya, Naruto, and Nia.

Please comment and vote and enjoy ❤️

🌹🌹🌹

Chapter 25: The Final Moment

"You're still... upset with me, aren't you?" Nia spoke with a soft voice as she observed the pained expression on Naruto's face while he sat on the edge of his bed sulking and she was on her knees in his bed also, behind him, massaging his shoulders.

"What do you think?" He made a slight growl, turning his eyes away from the girl. "I mean, how complicated can you get, Nia? You told me so many times that it was your dream to get married to someone, have their babies, then live a normal life. I offered to give you that and you turned me down. Why would you do that? I was going to make your dream come true, ya know!"

"Ya, but if and only if I stayed in the Leaf altogether. It felt like an ultimatum and there's no way I was going to say yes knowing what your intent was and is at the moment."

"I just don't get it... what aren't you understanding? You can be killed at any moment! Those Akatsuki guys aren't a joke, Nia! They can kill you in a blink of an eye. Hell, I think even at my level of strength right now, they can kill me too! Every time you leave this village, you're at a even greater risk of having them take you away from me forever!"

"I know, Naruto, but-"

"No, you don't, sweetie!" He finally looked her in the eyes. "You never even fought or witnessed any one of those guys fighting! They're incredibly powerful and so far, it takes multiple people just to put down one member. If you travel alone with no one to aid you or get you out of harms way and one of those guys find you, you're done for!"

Nia now glided her hands down the side of his neck, kneading her fingers and applying pressure on any tension points in it. "Okay well, why aren't you worried about everyone else then? I'm not the only one they're after, Naruto."

"Iruka-sensei stays in the village, Kakashi-Sensei and Captain Yamato are always with a group, and Pervy Sage... well, he's a lot more powerful than I am so I'm not that worried for him. He would be able to handle himself just long enough to escape if he gets into serious trouble."

"Then why worry about me so much? You don't think I'm incredibly weak, do you...?" Nia lowered her eyes.

The blonde took a deep breath then answered.

"It's not like that... It's just... even though I think of everyone here as family, I've come to terms that... out of everyone here... including Iruka-sensei and Pervy Sage... Hell, even Sakura... I'm scared of... losing... you the most."

Nia's heart skipped a beat. However, hearing this also made her feel bad for how she was handling the situation she was in at the moment. She continued massaging his neck.

"Nia, you're strong, but... you have soft insides. You're not a violent person and you're not naturally aggressive — it's not a bad thing, but your personality just doesn't suit this whole ninja lifestyle. You're incredibly gentle and sensitive at heart. You don't enjoy watching others suffer and you literally cry over a random person's death if we stumble upon a body. I always have to cover your eyes in some way when someone is getting hurt cause you can't handle it. You're a lover Nia, not a fighter... and there's nothing wrong with that unless you're doing something that just doesn't suit who you are as a person, ya know?"